Posted on Tuesday, February 9th, 2010 by Peter Sciretta
Famous comic creator Stan Lee sent out some tweets today claiming that he has met with director Edgar Wright regarding an Ant-Man movie, which Marvel is “prepping”, according to Lee. We know that Wright has been developing the project for a couple years now, and put the comic book adaptation on the backburner once he went into production on Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. But now that Pilgrim is cut, and in the special effects phase of post production, might Wright be back at work at the Ant-Man? Who knows.
Lee might be completely out of the loop (this is very likely) and might only be repeating what he last heard about the project. However, Wright did retweet Lee’s comments and added “Sometimes you shouldn’t meet your heroes in case they disappoint. @smilinstanlee does not disappoint,” confirming the meeting. Last night Wright tweeted about a dinner meeting he had with Iron Man director Jon Favreau in the UK, but Wright was clear to point out that “Amazingly, we talked neither Avengers nor Antman.”
Lee also mentioned that Marvel is developing movie projects featuring Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Black Panther and many others. None of this information hasn’t been included in previous internet rumors/reports however. Check out his tweets on the subject, after the jump.
- To make up for my previous grievous error, here’s a little item that may have escaped you. Marvel is prepping a movie starring– Ant Man!
- I had lunch with the cool , young director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) and, as you’d imagine, we had fun discussing the tiny hero
- Ant Man is just one of the many wild treats Marvel has planned for you, such as Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Black Panther and more, more, more!
- But time enough for entertainment after our mission has been accomplished. Now if only I could remember what our mission is!
- Of course, it might be easier to create a perfect world with 1,000,000 Brigadiers than with 40,000. Math was never my strong suit!
- Be patient, Brigadiers. Marvel, Disney and POW! have wonderment awaiting you. And your Generalissimo hasn’t lost a battle yet! Excelsior!
Thanks to /Film reader Paul W for the tip.Cool Posts From Around the Web: