Posted on Monday, March 23rd, 2015 by Germain Lussier
Comedy, animation, action, fantasy, pretty much every genre is in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Shannen Doherty will be back for Mallrats 2.
- New photos from Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday.
- Genndy Tartakovsky won’t do Hotel Transylvania 3.
- Alex Winter thinks if Bill & Ted 3 doesn’t happen soon, it won’t happen at all.
- A fourth Girl With Dragon Tattoo book could reignite the franchise.
- See a intriguing set photo from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- Pirates 5 puts out an interesting casting call.
- Dredd screenwriter Alex Garland talks Dredd 2.
- Sam Jones says the wheels are in motion for a Flash Gordon sequel.
- Judd Apatow – and no one else – wanted to make Superbad 2.
- BD Wong, the only returning cast member for Jurassic Park, shows up in new Jurassic World still.
- Spectre is filming its opening in Mexico City.
- Ninja Turtles 2 starts shooting soon.
Last week, Kevin Smith teased the return of Stan Lee and Michael Rooker along with himself and Jason Mewes for Mallrats 2. Now, he’s confirmed one more actress is coming back as well: Shannen Doherty
— KevinSmith (@ThatKevinSmith) March 23, 2015
Pee-Wee Herman put up some photos from the production of Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday to mark the end of one week of filming. Click this image to see more:
In an interview about the trailer for Hotel Transylvania 2, director Genndy Tartakovsky said he won’t come back for Hotel Transylvania 3, is that happens. Read the quote at Moviefone.
Alex Winter got his friend Keanu Reeves to narrate his latest film, the documentary Deep Web, and of course the conversation turned to Bill & Ted 3. Winter said the following to Yahoo and Deep Web premieres on EPIX May 31 at 8 PM ET/PT.
We’re really close. We’re just about there. In Hollywood parlance, [that] means we’ll either be shooting soon, or it’s never going to happen….We’re trying to get the movie made, so how could we be sick of it? It’s really been us driving the whole thing, me and Keanu and [writers] Chris [Matheson] and Ed [Solomon]. So we’re producing it and we’re actively trying to get it made. We’re not tired of it, but I think for our fans, we are eager to stop talking about and actually shoot the damn thing.
The fourth book following The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo herself, Lisbeth Salander, is coming in August and is called What Doesn’t Kill Us. It could spark more interest in the franchise, which Sony has been toying with continuing for sometime. Thompson on Hollywood surmises a sequel could happen, if they bring the budget down.
Joachim Ronning, co-director of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, put up this fun photo on Instagram, teasing a scene with A LOT of characters.
While on the topic of Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Cinemablend found a casting call for the film looking for busty women to play wenches.