Posted on Tuesday, June 7th, 2016 by Jack Giroux
In today’s Sequel Bits:
- Actor Sean Astin teases the return of a familiar face for Goonies 2.
- A video of Fast 8 shooting in Cleveland.
- 20th Century Fox has released a clip for Independence Day: Resurgence.
- Author J.K. Rowling pleads with fans not to spoil Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- Actor and the master of eloquence Ian McShane discusses John Wick 2.
Later last year, Sean Astin said he was confident Goonies 2 would one day get made. He wasn’t sure if he’d even be in it, but he felt comfortable enough claiming the sequel is inevitable. In the video above (via ComicBook.com), recorded at Phoenix Comic Con, Astin went a step further and said the original movie won’t be the only time Mikey (Astin) comes “face-to-face” with pirate One-Eyed Willy. We’ll have to wait for official Goonies 2 update no. 2,326 to see if that’ll be the case.
Radio DJ Kasey Crabtree took this video of the set of Fast 8 (via Behind the Scenes), which is now shooting in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The video delivers on the type of mayhem we expect from this series by now. F. Gary Gray‘s Furious 8 opens in theaters April 14th, 2017.
Did you also forget Charlotte Gainsbourg has a role in the upcoming Independence Day: Resurgence? This clip is here to remind you the actress is in Roland Emmerich‘s sequel, despite her lack of presence in the trailers. The clip is nothing but exposition, which pros like Gainsbourg and Goldblum make go down smoothly enough. We’ll see the rest of the film in less than two weeks.