Release Dates: ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ and ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ Move, ‘Independence Day 2’ Set for July 2015
Posted on Thursday, June 20th, 2013 by Peter Sciretta
20th Century Fox has announced a slate of release dates today for 2014 and 2015, including Independence Day 2, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Assassin’s Creed and more. Hit the jump and get our your calendars!
Here are the new dates:
- Peregrine’s Home for Peculiars will be released on July 31st 2015. This is an adaptation of the Ransom Riggs children’s novel Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiars. Yes, the film has a slightly shorter title. Tim Burton was last attached to direct, from a screenplay by Jane Goldman. The film will compete with Sony’s The Smurfs 3, which comes out the week before.
- Independence Day 2 will be released on July 3rd 2015, nineteen years after the original hit screens. Roland Emmerich is returning to direct. The film is currently set to go head to head with Illumination Entertainment’s Untitled 2015 film.
- Assassin’s Creed will now be released on June 19th 2015, a month later than the originally announced May 22nd release date. Michael Lesslie is currently writing the video game adaptation with Michael Fassbender and Frank Marshall producing.
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is moving from May to a July 18th 2014 release, a week after Fast & Furious 7 and head to head with Disney’s animated sequel Planes: Fire and Rescue.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past is moving from the originally announced July 18th 2014 release date (now occupied by Apes) to an early summer release – May 23rd 2014, a week after Legendary Pictures’ Godzilla reboot and a week before Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur.