Posted on Thursday, September 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
The Hunger Games had a pretty massive cast to start with, but since the first film ended with (um, spoiler alert) a whole bunch of characters dead, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is reloading with tons of other new characters.
Though we’ve already seen most of them thanks to the posters, trailers, and stills, a new batch of images offers an even closer look at the fresh faces we’ll get to know this fall — as well as another peek at our favorite returning stars. Hit the jump to take it all in.
[via The Playlist]
The photos show, in order:
- Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen
- Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark
- Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne
- Willow Shields as Primrose Everdeen
- Paula Malcomson as Katniss’ Mother
- Woody Harrelson as Haymitch Abernathy
- Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket
- Lenny Kravitz as Cinna
- Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman
- Philip Seymour Hoffman as Plutarch Heavensbee, the Head Gamemaker for the 75th Hunger Games
- Donald Sutherland as President Snow
- Stephanie Leigh Schlund as Cashmere, a former victor from District 1
- Alan Ritchson as Gloss, a former victor from District 1
- Meta Golding as Enobaria, a former victor from District 2
- Bruno Gunn as Brutus, a former victor from District 2
- Amanda Plummer as Wiress, a former victor from District 3
- Jeffrey Wright as Beetee, a former victor from District 3
- Lynn Cohen as Mags, a former victor from District 4
- Sam Claflin as Finnick Odair, a former victor from District 4
- Jena Malone as Johanna Mason, a former victor from District 7
In The Hunger Games, Katniss did everything in her power to get out of that arena alive. But having survived that harrowing ordeal, she learns in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire that her real troubles are only beginning. Francis Lawrence directs the film, which opens November 22. The following installments, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Parts 1 & 2, open November 21, 2014 and November 20, 2015, respectively.
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE begins as Katniss Everdeen has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark. Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a “Victor’s Tour” of the districts. Along the way Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) – a competition that could change Panem forever.