Posted on Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
The Warner Bros. DC Movie slate is set. From Batman v Superman in 2016 through Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, The Flash, a two part Justice League movie, Aquaman, Shazam, Cyborg and Green Lantern in 2020, that’s a whole lot of spandex on the big screen for the rest of this decade.
However, the press release also says this. “Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters.”
So in that time frame, if things go according to plan, not only are we getting the ten movies mentioned above, but new Batman and Superman solo movies too.
Here’s the full excerpt from the press release:
And, in a massive expansion of the Studio’s DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:
- “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
- “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
- “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
- “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
- “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
- “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
- “Shazam” (2019)
- “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
- “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
- “Green Lantern” (2020)
Batman and Superman will be in Batman v Superman, obviously, as well as both Justice League sequels. So where would their solo films fit in? A few months back, Warner Bros announced a bunch of release dates. I’m going to slot in what we now know:
- Untitled DC Film (Likely Suicide Squad) – August 5, 2016
- Untitled DC Film (Wonder Woman or Justice League) – June 23, 2017
- Untitled DC Film (Wonder Woman or Justice League) – November 17, 2017
- Untitled DC Film (The Flash or Aquaman)– March 23, 2018
- Untitled Animated Film – Memorial Day 2018
- Untitled DC Film (The Flash or Aquaman)– July 27, 2018
- Untitled WB Event Film – November 16, 2018
- Untitled DC Film (Likely Shazam)– April 5, 2019
- Untitled Animated Film – Memorial Day 2019
- Untitled DC Film (Likely Justice League 2)– June 14, 2019
- Untitled DC Film (Likely Cyborg) – April 3, 2020
- Untitled DC Film (Likely Green Lantern)– June 19, 2020
- Untitled WB Event Film – November 20, 2020
That lines up incredibly well, don’t you think? So if Batman and Superman are still out there, and we assume will come out on one of these previously announced dates, that only leaves November 2018 and November 2020. I’d eliminate the 2018 film, simply because a solo Batman or Superman film in the middle of the Justice League movie wouldn’t make much sense. And, when you think about it, it’s actually more likely the “Untitled WB Event Films” in 2018 and 2020 are Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2 and 3.
A few months back, there was a rumor of a new Batman movie called “The Batman” out in 2019. If Justice League Part 2 is out in June, a holiday release would fit well, would it not? That definitely suggests these new solo movies will be dates in addition to the above list.
How do you think Batman and Superman solo films will fit into this new DC universe?Cool Posts From Around the Web: