Collider has an extensive interview with G.I. Joe producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura. I’ve included a few of the newsworthy tidbits below:
- The film will be rated PG-13 and will feature bloodless violence.
- Defending the choice of director Stephen Sommers: “He’s just… his enthusiasm, his excitement, his sense of adventure, his embracing of the mythology, his understanding of the characters.”
- The movie will feature “2 or 3 really big” set pieces :and a couple of sort of medium/small ones.”
- Each character has more than one outfit, aside from Snake Eyes.
- On the tone of the film: “I guess it’s definitely a comic book movie and it’s definitely has a great sense of humor, so there’s a lot of humor and a lot of drama and a lot of action. “
- Production moves to Prague on May 8th. Prague will serve as 2 or 3 locations from around the world.
- On The Pit: “I think everybody’s going to be really happy that we took The Pit very seriously and built it to fulfill anybody’s sense of fantasy of what it could be.”
You can read the full two-page interview on Collider.com.Cool Posts From Around the Web: