Posted on Thursday, June 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
You didn’t think Saved By the Bell was going to escape the current wave of ’90s nostalgia completely untouched, did you? Lifetime announced today that it is making The Unauthorized Saved By the Bell Story, a narrative feature that delves behind the scenes of the hit teen series.
The roles of the six young stars have already been cast, and you can get a first look at them in character after the jump.
Vulture posted the photo.
Here’s who’s who, from left to right.
- Taylor Russell McKenzie plays Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle). McKenzie recently had a role in the CW pilot Blink.
- Dylan Everett, known to Degrassi fans as troubled athlete Campbell Saunders, will portray Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Zack Morris).
- Newcomer Alyssa Lynch is Tiffani Thiessen (Kelly Kapowski).
- Julian Works, last seen in Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, has been cast as Mario Lopez (A.C. Slater).
- Tiera Skovbye of R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour will play Elizabeth Berkeley (Jessie Spano).
- Sam Kindseth, who has guest-starred on Shameless, is Dustin Diamond (Screech Powers).
According to THR, the actors were hand-picked by original Saved By the Bell casting director Robin Lippin. Jason Pepeyre is directing the film from a script by Ron McGee (The Nine Lives of Chloe King).
The Unauthorized Saved By the Bell Story promises to chronicle the drama that unfolded on set as the young cast shot to fame. The film is reportedly inspired by (but not technically based on) Diamond’s 2009 tell-all Behind the Bell, which exposed the star’s R-rated off-camera exploits.
The Saved By the Bell movie is just one of several unauthorized biographical TV movies in the works at Lifetime. The network is also making films about late musicians Whitney Houston and Aaliyah.
The Unauthorized Saved By the Bell Story is already shooting in Vancouver and will premiere on Lifetime September 1 at 9/8c.Cool Posts From Around the Web: