Posted on Thursday, March 12th, 2009 by David Chen
In this very special episode of the /Filmcast, David Chen, Peter Sciretta, Devindra Hardawar and Adam Quigley are joined by writer/actor/director Kevin Smith to discuss Zack Snyder’s Watchmen. In this epic, 1 hour and 45-minute long discussion, the five of them delve into the faithfulness of the film adaptation, the effectiveness of the film’s soundtrack, the controversy surrounding the film’s ending, the sexuality of Rorschach, and the resemblance between Zack Snyder and Jesus.
Have any questions/comments/complaints/suggestions? Want to sponsor or advertise with the /Filmcast? You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Join us next Tuesday night at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST on Slashfilm’s live page as we review The Last House on the Left.
To hear the entire episode, you can download it here, or play it now in your browser:
To hear just the segment where Kevin Smith reviews Watchmen with us, you can download it here or play it now in your browser:
To subscribe to weekly episodes of the /Filmcast, where we review movies and discuss film news with actors/directors/webmasters from all over the internet, use the following links:
Update – Welcome Digg users! If you liked this episode of the /Filmcast, you might also enjoy the following:
Dan Trachtenberg from the Totally Rad Show talks soundtracks with David Chen
- (01:26) Writer/actor/director Kevin Smith
Featured Review – WATCHMEN
- (04:00) A faithful adaptation
- (14:50) Zack Snyder as a messianic, Jesus-like figure?
- (18:58) Different versions of Watchmen throughout the years
- (22:38) Violence in Watchmen
- (38:33) Watchmen‘s soundtrack
- (49:15) Rorschach’s sexuality
- (56:00) What the hell happened at the end of Watchmen anyway?
- (1:06:00) Watchmen’s box office performance and Zack Snyder’s juice
- (1:13:20) The last great, graphic novel adaptation
- (1:19:24) Watchmen’s casting
- (1:32:00) The destruction of New York in films
- (1:35:55) Closing thoughts
- (1:46:00) Public Enemies Movie Trailer
- (1:57:35) Fantastic Four to be Rebooted?
- (2:04:00) Stranglehold movie in development
- (2:09:45) Juan Antonio Bayona Directing Eclipse
- (2:13:55) Fox To Strip Extra from Rental DVDs
- (2:17:40) Wolverine Trailer
What Have We Watched
- David Chen (2:29:40): Dawn of the Dead, Point Break
- Devindra Hardawar (2:37:00): Synecdoche, New York
- Adam Quigley (2:39:20): Summer Heights High
- Support our sponsor: For some great T-shirts, check out Bonaroo.co.uk. Use coupon code “filmcast” for free shipping on all U.S. orders!
- Our music comes from Point 22 courtesy of the Podsafe Network, and Brad Sucks
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Contact us at our new voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the right-hand side “Donate” links