Posted on Monday, March 14th, 2016 by Ethan Anderton
Those lucky enough to be attending SXSW today will have a chance to see Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey, and feel the presence of the First Order descending on Texas. The rest of us will be waiting until Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits Blu-ray and DVD next month to check out the feature-length documentary that looks at every facet of the film’s production.
Until then, some of The Force Awakens documentary footage has been unveiled in a new teaser clip, giving us a taste of what we’ll get to see from behind the scenes. Some of the sneak peeks include footage of the John Boyega screen test that would eventually land him the part of Finn, Gwendoline Christie in her Captain Phasma wardrobe, but without her helmet, and much more. However, if you somehow haven’t seen The Force Awakens yet, beware of major spoilers.
Here’s the Star Wars: The Force Awakens documentary footage from Good Morning America:
— Good Morning America (@GMA) March 14, 2016
The footage also features some brief words from Adam Driver, talking about how the laborious process of getting into his Kylo Ren wardrobe really helped get his anger worked up enough to play the villain with a short fuse. He and Harrison Ford also talk about that one climactic scene that really punched longtime fans in the gut.
Just from this footage alone, this looks like it’s going to be something that fans and cinephiles will love. Going behind the scenes of a major blockbuster like this with such detail doesn’t happen too often, and being able to do it with one of the most anticipated films of all time is bound to be something special.
The documentary won’t be the only cool look behind the scenes of The Force Awakens as the home video release is also supposed to have the table read from before shooting even began, and you can see a teaser clip of that right here. Everything else you’ll get in the special features includes:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.
- Plus Deleted Scenes
Star Wars: The Force Awakens arrives on Blu-Ray and DVD on April 5th.Cool Posts From Around the Web: