Posted on Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 by Peter Sciretta
Walt Disney Pictures has released a new international movie poster for Tron Legacy featuring an older Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) with a light desc. Hit the jump to see the poster in full.
Official One Pager:
TRON: LEGACY (In Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D)
WALT DISNEY PICTURES
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/TRON
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/DisneyPictures
U.S. Release Date: December 17, 2010
Cast: Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, Bruce Boxleitner, James Frain, Beau Garrett and Michael Sheen
Director: Joseph Kosinski
Producers: Sean Bailey, Jeffrey Silver, Steven Lisberger
Executive Producer: Donald Kushner
Written by: Eddy Kitsis & Adam Horowitz (credit not final)
Based on characters created by: Steven Lisberger and Bonnie MacBird
“TRON: Legacy” is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), a rebellious 27-year-old, is haunted by the mysterious disappearance of his father Kevin Flynn (Oscar®- and Golden Globe®-winner Jeff Bridges), a man once known as the world’s leading video-game developer. When Sam investigates a strange signal sent from the old Flynn’s Arcade—a signal that could only come from his father—he finds himself pulled into a digital world where Kevin has been trapped for 20 years. With the help of the fearless warrior Quorra (Olivia Wilde), father and son embark on a life-or-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe—a universe created by Kevin himself that has become far more advanced with never-before-imagined vehicles, weapons, landscapes and a ruthless villain who will stop at nothing to prevent their escape. Presented in Disney Digital 3D™ and scored by Grammy Award®-winning electronic music duo Daft Punk, “TRON: Legacy” hits U.S. theaters on Dec. 17, 2010 in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D.
· Producer Steve Lisberger co-wrote and directed the original “TRON” (1982).
· Jeff Bridges, winner of both the Oscar® and Golden Globe® for his role in “Crazy Heart,” reprises the role of Kevin Flynn, which he originated in “TRON” (1982).
· Bruce Boxleitner reprises the roles of Alan Bradley and Tron, which he originated in “TRON” (1982).
· Grammy Award®-winning Daft Punk is composing the music for “TRON: Legacy.”
· “TRON: Legacy” truly embraces today’s available technology. Among other firsts, it is the first 3D movie to integrate a fully digital head and body based upon an existing actor, creating the younger version of Jeff Bridges’ character; it’s the first movie to make extensive use self-illuminated costumes; it’s the first movie to create molded costumes using digital sculpture exclusively, creating molds directly from computer files using CNC (Computer Numerical Cutting) technology; it’s the first 3D movie shot with 35mm lenses and full-35mm chip cameras; and it’s the first movie to record uncompressed HD Video to Hard Drive.
“TRON: Legacy” is a 3D high-tech adventure about a father and son (Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund) who embark on a life-and-death journey of escape across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.Cool Posts From Around the Web: