Posted on Monday, October 3rd, 2011 by Germain Lussier
Hey Disney, we’re waiting. We saw what you had at the end of Captain America, we saw the D23 Expo footage and we’ve read the Entertainment Weekly cover story. Where is our first official trailer for The Avengers? There’s certainly enough footage and images out there for us to figure out what’s going on, especially with this new batch of high resolution photos that have just come online. It’s time to let Joss Whedon and his superhero team blow our minds.
Until that happens, though, check out these images – most of which are new or at least in much better quality – after the jump. We’ll also attempt to describe what’s happening in each so minor spoilers follow.
Thanks to Superhero Hype for these images. We’ll discuss with a minor spoiler warning after the gallery.
Here’s what I believe is happening in each of the photos.
- Top Left – This is probably right before the fight we’ve seen in spy photos as the alien enemies land on the streets of New York and fight Thor and Captain America.
- Top Right – Joss Whedon directing a scene with Scarlett Johannson as Black Widow. From the D23 footage, the scene in the conference room is likely the group deciding what to do with a captured Loki.
- Second from Top Left – Black Widow strutting her stuff in the massive New York battle. I’m not sure if she’s looking down for effect or at a fallen enemy.
- Second from Top Right – Captain America and Tony Stark in an image we previously saw in Entertainment Weekly. They don’t explain the scene in question but I’ll guess Tony improving Cap’s suit?
- Second from Bottom Left – Steve Rodgers, at first hesitant to join the group (as we saw at the end of Captain America: The First Avenger) has finally changed his mind and sees the new costume S.H.I.E.L.D has created for him.
- Second from Bottom Right – A hi-res version of a photo we previously ran in Superhero Bits, Loki has been captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. and will be transported to the special cell created for him which we saw in the D23 footage.
- Bottom Left – Nick Fury fires his gun, obviously, but with the grassy setting, I’m not sure which scene it is.
See what you can discern just by looking at spy photos and things like that? Come on Marvel, give us that trailer!Cool Posts From Around the Web: