Pixar’s ‘The Good Dinosaur’ Voice Cast Includes Anna Paquin, Sam Elliott, Frances McDormand and More
Posted on Friday, June 12th, 2015 by Angie Han
Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur will have a monster of a voice cast. The studio announced today that Raymond Ochoa (NBC’s The Night Shift) and Jack Bright (Monsters University) will lead the upcoming feature as Arlo and his human friend Spot.
Jeffrey Wright, Anna Paquin, Sam Elliott, Frances McDormand and more are in supporting roles. Get all the latest official details on the Good Dinosaur voice cast after the jump.
Here’s the rundown of who’s who in The Good Dinosaur, straight from the press release.
- RAYMOND OCHOA (NBC’s “The Night Shift,” TNT’s “Rizzoli & Isles,” “Disney’s A Christmas Carol”) provides the voice of an Apatosaurus named Arlo.
- JEFFREY WRIGHT (“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” – parts I & II, HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire”) was tapped as the voice of Poppa, Arlo’s father.
- STEVE ZAHN (“Captain Fantastic,” “Ridiculous Six,” “Rescue Dawn,” “Mad Dogs”) provides the voice of a pterodactyl named Thunderclap.
- AJ BUCKLEY (TNT’s “Murder in the First,” FX’s “Justified”) voices a T-Rex called Nash.
- ANNA PAQUIN (HBO’s “True Blood”) is the voice of T-Rex Ramsey.
- SAM ELLIOTT (FX’s “Justified,” “I’ll See You In My Dreams,” “Grandma”) was called on as the voice of a tough T-Rex named Butch.
- FRANCES MCDORMAND (HBO’s “Olive Kitteridge,” “Fargo”) was tapped as the voice of Momma, Arlo’s mother.
- MARCUS SCRIBNER (ABC’s “black•ish”) voices Arlo’s brother Buck.
- JACK BRIGHT (“Monsters University”) provides the voice of Arlo’s unlikely human friend, Spot.
That’s a huge change from the roster announced in 2013. At the time, Lucas Neff was Arlo, John Lithgow and Frances McDormand were his parents, Bill Hader and Neil Patrick Harris were playing his brothers, and Judy Greer was a character named Ivy.
But the shakeup doesn’t come as a total surprise. In an Inside Out interview with Germain, to be published next week, Hader revealed he wasn’t certain about his involvement with The Good Dinosaur. “I don’t know if I am [in it],” said Hader. “I did that two years ago and I have not been back since.”
The Good Dinosaur was originally scheduled for release in 2014, but in late August 2013 director Bob Peterson dropped out. Lithgow revealed last year that the film had since been “completely reimagined,” with Peter Sohn named the new director. Now, with its new voice cast, it’s back on track to arrive in theaters November 25, 2015.
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
“The Good Dinosaur” asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? Pixar Animation Studios takes you on an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.