Posted on Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 by David Chen
In this week’s /Filmcast, Dave Chen, Devindra Hardawar and Adam Quigley discuss the merits (or lack thereof) of 3D conversion, compare A Serious Man to Barton Fink, and confirm or deny whether or not Couples Retreat is, in fact, a complete trainwreck. Special guest writer/director Rian Johnson joins us for this episode. Rian’s latest film, The Brothers Bloom, is currently available for rental in iTunes, Blockbuster, Netflix, and plenty of other places right now.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Join us next Monday at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST at Slashfilm’s live page as we review Spike Jonze’s Where the Wild Things Are.
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
- (00:44) A special word from Brick and The Brother’s Bloom director Rian Johnson
What We’ve Been Watching
- David Chen (07:16): Glee pilot
- Rian Johnson (15:36): A Serious Man, After School, Last Year at Marienbad
- Devindra (25:00): Rudo y Cursi, Gigantic, Flash Forward
- Adam (30:35): Couples Retreat
- (39:26) Ivan Reitman Is On Board for Ghostbusters 3
- (42:17) Cabin in the Woods Delayed for 3D Conversion
- (53:17) Danny Boyle Directing Aaron Ralston story?
- (58:05) Duncan Jones Mute Faces Financing Difficulties
- (1:06:36) Sequels for Zombieland and Showgirls
- (1:11:20) Adrien Brody Grabs Lead Role In Predators
- (1:14:44) Trick ‘r Treat
- The Scene Unseen Podcast is great! Check out their website and listen in!
- A big thanks to our sponsor, Bonaroo.co.uk (use the code “filmcast” for free shipping to the U.S.!)
- Our music comes from Point 22 courtesy of the Podsafe Network, and Brad Sucks
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us at our new voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the left-hand side “Donate” links! Thanks to all our donors this week!