Posted on Thursday, December 24th, 2015 by David Chen
David, Devindra, and Jeff discuss all the discussion around Star Wars: The Force Awakens that’s happened over the past week, praise a great Shakespeare adaptation (not Macbeth), and discuss the cultural damage of Love Actually. Be sure to read up on why Force Awakens is the least interesting Star Wars, why Force Awakens is a deeply broken film, and some crazy Star Wars: Episode VIII theories.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Also, like us on Facebook!
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
What We’ve Been Watching (2:15)
- David: The Big Short, Fargo Season 2, Transparent Season 2, Love Actually
- Devindra: Tangerine
- Jeff: Making a Murderer, Hamlet (with Benedict Cumberbatch)
- The Revenant
- (1:15:30 )SPOILERS
- Force Awakens Follow-up
- Our music sometimes comes from the work of Adam Warrock. You can download our theme song here.
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Contact us at our voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to slashfilm.com and clicking on the sidebar “Donate” links! Thanks to all our donors this week!