Posted on Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 by David Chen
This week, Dave, Devindra, and Adam discuss Louis CK’s bold new distribution strategy, ruminate on the greatness of Miller’s Crossing, explain why Jurassic Park III is terrible, and wonder why Ridley Scott is so invested in this whole Blu-Ray thing. Special guest Matt Singer, joins us from IFC.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Join us next Sunday (12/18) at Slashfilm’s live page at 10 PM EST / 7 PM PST, where we’ll be reviewing Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, Young Adult, and Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.
CORRECTION: Miller’s Crossing was the Coen Brothers’ third film, not the second, as we accidentally state in this episode.
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
What We’ve Been Watching
- David Chen (03:15): Louie CK’s Live at the Beacon
- Devindra (11:20): Miller’s Crossing, Barry Lyndon Blu-Rays
- Adam: Community
- (1:02:05) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- Matt Singer from IFC News
- A big thanks to our sponsor, Audible. You can get a free audio book by going to audiblepodcast.com/filmcast.
- Our music sometimes comes from Point 22 courtesy of the Podsafe Network, and Brad Sucks
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us at our voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the left-hand side “Donate” links! Thanks to all our donors this week!