This week, David Chen, Devindra Hardawar and Adam Quigley deliver their thoughts on two of this year’s most critically acclaimed films, debate whether or not the Coens have ever done a “straight genre exercise” before, plus offer a crazy theory about the real meaning of Black Swan and speculate on where Aronofsky’s career might be headed next. Thanks to all our listeners, sponsors, donors, and subscribers for an exciting 2010! Check back in a few days for our Top 10 Movies of 2010 in this week’s /Filmcast: After Dark.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. We are off until January 9th. Join us then at Slashfilm’s live page at 10 PM EST / 7 PM PST, where we’ll be reviewing Exit Through the Gift Shop.
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
- (01:25) True Grit
- (25:30) Black Swan
- A big thanks to our sponsors, Audible and The Warner Movie Archive. Visit http://www.warnerarchive.com and use the promotional code SLASHFILM to get $5 off any Warner Archive purchase! You can also get a free audio book by going to audiblepodcast.com/filmcast.
- Our music comes from Point 22 courtesy of the Podsafe Network, and Brad Sucks
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us at our voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the left-hand side “Donate” links! Thanks to all our donors this week!