Posted on Friday, October 8th, 2010 by Peter Sciretta
Tonight Disney will launch their Tron: Legacy Disneyland California Adventure theme park area, the nighttime dance party/experience called ElecTRONica. We’ve shown you concept images of the planned experience in the past, but what does it really look like? Last night Disneyland held a pre-night test of the experience, and thankfully fans brought their cameras. Hit the jump to see ElecTRONica.
ElecTRONica will happen every Friday, Saturday and Sunday this Fall at Hollywood Pictures Backlot in Disney California Adventure park. Here are the official details from Disney:
- The fun starts in Sunshine Plaza at 6 p.m. when music, video, projections and a dance party welcome guests (a.k.a. Programs) and prepare them to enter the world of “TRON: Legacy.”
- The second performance in Sunshine Plaza starts at 6:45 p.m., and following that, the portal will officially open and all aspects of ElecTRONica will be available, including Flynn’s Arcade, TRON: Legacy Exclusive 3-D Sneak Peek, End of Line club, face painting and the TRON: Evolution video game area.
- There’s a great line-up of DJs this weekend. DJ GiangStar will be spinning tonight; DJ Michael Paul will change things up Saturday night, and DJ Derek Dunbar will be heating things up on Sunday evening.
- This weekend you can see Laserman at 7:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. For future dates, check the show guide for the schedule.
- * Buildings in Hollywood Pictures Backlot will be mapped with “TRON: Legacy” images. Light cycles will zoom across the building facades, while other dynamic images from the film fill the street.
- Before entering the studio area, guests will pass under the iconic Recognizer, the vigilant sentry on the lookout for unclassified “Programs” in the digital world of “TRON: Legacy.” With smoke and lights emanating from it, this ever-watchful vehicle seems to hover above the ground as it scans those who pass below.
- At the center of the party is a DJ platform, complete with a laser beam beckoning guests of all ages to the fun. Here, professional DJs will keep the energy going with electronic party music while dancers costumed as “Sirens” and “Programs” from the movie rock out at locations throughout the party.
- Also appearing on the Backlot Stage adjoining the dance floor will be Laserman, a performer who does amazing tricks to music with impressive lasers and light.
- Near the dance floor, guests will find a re-creation of Flynn’s Video Arcade, a key location in the adventure of “TRON: Legacy.” At Flynn’s, gamers will shoot for the highest scores as they enjoy classic 1980s arcade games. Outside the Arcade, guests will be able to play the unreleased “TRON: Evolution” video games for popular home consoles, and take part in a nightly tournament. The new video games, which feature the iconic light cycles and light discs in stories that bridge the gap between the two TRON films, will be released on December 7.
- Guests will get an extended glimpse of the upcoming film at “TRON: Legacy, Exclusive 3D Sneak Peek” (presented in the venue which, by day, houses Muppet*Vision 3D). The 3D preview has special effects exclusive to this theater.
- Guests will be able to purchase food from a specially-themed food truck, along with glowing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at the End of Line Club, inspired by an iconic new location in the world of “TRON: Legacy.”
Here are some videos and photos from Disney:
Here is a video that a guest filmed from the Grand Californian Hotel on 9/10 showing testing of Tron elements on the mist screens on The World of Color.
Photos from aharvey2k:
Here are some photos from Loren Javier:
Here is the concept art we’ve previously posted, click to enlarge:
/Film LA Announcements:
- Tip Us! If you have any tips or suggestions for future /Film LA updates, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Be it movie screenings, events, crazy photos of film related awesomeness found around LA — send it to us! If what you send us is cool, we promise to share it with the readers in the next edition!
- Subscribe! You can subscribe to the /Film LA RSS feed at this link or Subscribe to /Film LA by Email
- Archives! The /Film main page has a lot of stories. Looking for back archives of /Film LA? Head to slashfilm.com/la!