/Film is looking for a writer! We’re hiring an experienced part-time contributor to assist mainly with daily news coverage and occasional events and features. Here’s what we’re seeking in an ideal candidate:
- Well-versed in film business and geek properties, with a deep knowledge of film, television, and popular culture.
- Ability to craft 4-6 news posts per weekday. We are looking for someone able to commit to a consistent output of posts.
- Posts will be 400-word news articles with clear, clean copy, sharp headlines, informed opinion, and context for the subject at hand.
- There may be opportunities to contribute reviews, editorials or interviews, but we are mainly looking for someone to do movie news blog posts on assignment.
- Willing to contribute to group features and events as needed
- Be comfortable in a very fast-paced environment
- Great communication, interpersonal, and email skills
- Basic HTML, image editing, and CMS skills
- Proven interviewing experience a plus
- This is a paid freelance position.
We need someone for Monday through Friday weekday availability, with a precise daily schedule to be determined in part based on the hire’s geographic location. This job is location-independent, and will be a work from home position.
Please send your information, along with links to three published samples (if you don’t have published news samples, write a sample for the application), to email@example.com with the subject line “New Writer Application”.