Posted on Thursday, July 19th, 2012 by Angie Han
At Comic-Con, we learned that geek favorite Alan Tudyk would lend his voice to the video game-inspired animated adventure Wreck-It Ralph, but it turns out he’s not the only late-breaking addition to the cast. Walt Disney Studios sent out a press release today revealing several other stars that had just boarded the project, including Ed O’Neill, Mindy Kaling, Adam Carolla, Horatio Sanz, Dennis Haysbert, and many more. Hit the jump to get all the names, as well as descriptions of the characters they’ll be playing.
John C. Reilly leads the cast as Ralph, the villain of a (fictional) arcade game titled Fix-It Felix after its hero (Jack McBrayer). After thirty years of underappreciated service, he decides he’s had enough and sets out through other game worlds to find himself a new adventure.
Among the titles he passes through are Hero’s Duty, a first-person shooter centered around the tough Sergeant Calhoun (Jane Lynch), and Sugar Rush, a cart-racer featuring the misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (Sarah Silverman). In addition, the film will feature Roger Rabbit-style cameos of characters from real-world titles like Pac-Man and Q*bert.
Here are some of the other folks Ralph will encounter along the way:
- Alan Tudyk (ABC’s “Suburgatory,” “Dodgeball”) as King Candy, ruler of Sugar Rush, a candy-coated cart racing game
- Ed O’Neill (ABC’s “Modern Family”) as Mr. Litwak, owner of Litwak’s Family Fun Center & Arcade
- Mindy Kaling (“The Mindy Project,” “The Office”) as Taffyta Muttonfudge, an accomplished racer and Vanellope’s nemesis
- Adam Carolla (“The Adam Carolla Show”) as Wynchel, Sugar Rush security
- Horatio Sanz (“Saturday Night Live”) as Duncan, Sugar Rush security
- Dennis Haysbert (CBS’s “The Unit,” “24”) as General from the first-person shooter game, Hero’s Duty
- Edie McClurg (“Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” TV’s “The Life & Times of Tim,” “Planes, Trains & Automobiles”) as Mary, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Roger Craig Smith (Captain Marvel from TV’s “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes,” Ezio from game franchise “Assassin’s Creed”) as Sonic the Hedgehog
- Gerald C Rivers (video game “Street Fighter” series) as M. Bison
- Rachael Harris (“The Hangover,” TV’s “New Girl”) as Deanna, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Stefanie Scott (Disney Channel’s “A.N.T. Farm”) as Moppet Girl, a young arcade enthusiast who visits Litwak’s arcade
- Reuben Langdon (multiple “Street Fighter” video games) as Ken from Street Fighter
- Kyle Hebert (multiple “Street Fighter” video games, TV’s “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”) as Ryu from Street Fighter
Street Fighter seems to have quite the presence here, so perhaps Ralph finds himself passing thorugh their world at one point. In addition to Ryu, Ken, and M. Bison, we already know he’ll cross paths with Zangief, who like Ralph is a member of the bad guy support group.
A star-studded cast is certainly no guarantee of a quality film, but based on what we’ve seen Wreck-It Ralph looks pretty promising in its own right. The high-profile roster is just the icing on the cake. Wreck-It Ralph opens November 2.