Posted on Wednesday, February 27th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Zack Snyder‘s Man of Steel has begun to screen and word is that it’s fantastic. We’d heard that executives at Warner Bros. truly loved the film and now, reports are coming in from other people too. (And from people who don’t have billions and billions of dollars potentially invested in the success of a rebooted Superman.)
In particular, JoBlo is reporting the film is nearly complete (save for the 3D conversion) and despite the somber tone the trailers suggest, the film is chock full of action. We’ll talk more specifics below.
Here are the bullet points the JoBlo article make about Man of Steel. Their words, not ours.
- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action
- It’s the best movie of the year.
- There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
- The cape is CG’d most of the time so it can look awesome.
- They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
- It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place
Calling it “the best movie of the year” is a bit pre-mature but all of this is still quite promising.
In addition to this report, sometimes just living in Hollywood and conversing with people you hear things. And one of the things I’ve heard is that everything this scooper told JoBlo is right. That everyone who has seen Man of Steel loves it and it’s the ass-kicking, action-packed and heartfelt Superman movie you can’t wait to see.
If the film is that good (or even half that good) it means very good things for all DC movies moving forward, Justice League in particular.
With release scheduled for June 14, we’ll likely be seeing some updated, more action-specific, trailers in the coming weeks. Definitely with The Hangover Part III (which comes out a month earlier and has yet to release a teaser) and hopefully sooner.
Have you heard anything like this about Man of Steel? Does this get you excited?Cool Posts From Around the Web: