Posted on Monday, March 28th, 2016 by Ethan Anderton
This week brings Star Wars: The Force Awakens to Digital HD on April 1st before the movie arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on April 5th. We’ve gotten plenty of teases of the special features that will come with the movie, from a feature length documentary about the making of the sequel, to the first table read with the cast, and several deleted scenes.
Previously, one behind the scenes clip showed off John Boyega’s screen test while he was auditioning for the role of Finn. Now another clip shows off some cool behind the scenes footage featuring the Daisy Ridley screen test that landed her the part of Rey, one of our new heroes.
Click the image below to watch the Daisy Ridley screen test over at BuzzFeed:
As you’ll see in the video, the audition clip feature Daisy Ridley acting out the scene where Kylo Ren (Adam Driver, not in the audition clip) was interrogating Rey after capturing her on Takodana. This includes the part where Kylo Ren uses the Force to attempt to enter her mind and find out where Luke Skywalker is hiding. As you can guess, Ridley knocks it out of the park.
As director J.J. Abrams says in the video, searching for the right actress to play Rey was not easy:
What we were looking for was someone new. This character needed to be vulnerable and tough, sweet and terrified. And to find someone that no one knew who could do all these things took a lot of looking. It wasn’t until we found Daisy that we just felt like she was capable of doing all of these things this character required.
Thankfully, as we saw in The Force Awakens, Daisy Ridley was able to handle every facet of the performance, which included be charming, brave, funny, and more. I’m very interested to see how all the performances work without the wardrobe, set and more to support their acting in the table read special feature that will be included on the home video release. Here’s all the special features you’ll get:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.
- Plus Deleted Scenes
You can still pre-order Star Wars: The Force Awakens right here.Cool Posts From Around the Web: