Several updates on Celebration, Rebels and Lucasfilm are here along with some awesome rumors about The Force Awakens. Below, read about the following:
- Some new rumors have surfaced about the identity of Lupita Nyong’o‘s character in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and a new location.
- Has one single line leaked from the script of The Force Awakens?
- Read a great article on the crazy security measures surrounding the production of The Force Awakens.
- Lucasfilm is hiring people to work in both physical and digital effects.
- See a limited edition figure of the Christmas special Boba Fett.
- Watch a trailer for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim and read about the art show.
- Who is the mysterious Fulcrum on Star Wars Rebels?
- Star Wars Rebels will go on a holiday break returning in 2015.
- One site breaks down several of the rumors about the ending of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
UPDATE: This original story ran on October 13. Now Deadline has heard the same thing, making it even more likely. Original story follows with minor updates.
The massive news that Robert Downey Jr. will play Tony Stark in Captain America: Civil War answered a bunch of burning questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It gave us our overall storyline for Phase 3: Civil War. It tells us when Marvel will bring Iron Man back again: not Iron Man 4, but in Cap 3. And it tells us the directors of Captain America 3, Joe and Anthony Russo, are very well liked and trusted at Marvel Studios.
Which is why, along with the Downey Jr. news, rumors began to swirl that the Russo Brothers are in line to direct Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and maybe even Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 if Joss Whedon decides not to return. Below, read more about the Avengers 3 director news and how Phase 3 and 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe are shaping up, Read More »
UPDATE: An IMAX spokesperson confirmed to /Film that IMAX cameras are being used for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The original article follows, with minor edits.
Zack Snyder‘s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is, without a doubt, one of the biggest movies of all time. Now it quite literally might be one of the biggest of all time too. The film is currently shooting in Chicago (including a particularly recognizable, even iconic scene involving Batman) and several fans who were watching the filming say they saw IMAX cameras capturing the action. We had an idea it would be released in IMAX, but it’s news if the film is shooting in IMAX.
A rumor about this did begin floating over the summer but no one representing Warner Bros. or IMAX would confirm. Now they have. Batman v Superman is filming in IMAX. Below, we reveal how we discovered the Batman v Superman IMAX connection. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
It’s been pretty clear that Sony doesn’t know quite what to do with its Spider-Man franchise. There have been reports that Venom has been cancelled and Sinister Six may be a “soft reboot.” A female-centric movie is in the works but we have no idea what it’s about. Now the latest rumor is they’re pursuing a movie about Aunt May. Yes, that Aunt May. More on the Aunt May movie rumor after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, November 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
As of now, David Ayer‘s Suicide Squad has zero officially confirmed stars. But based on what we’ve heard so far, it is obvious they’re aiming big. Jared Leto is apparently being eyed to play the Joker, Jesse Eisenberg is rumored to reprise his Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice role as Lex Luthor, and Will Smith and Tom Hardy all supposedly have offers.
Today’s big news is that The Wolf of Wall Street scene-stealer Margot Robbie could also join in on the comic book shenanigans, as Batman baddie Harley Quinn. Hit the jump for more on the Margot Robbie Suicide Squad rumor.
Read More »
Today’s Star Wars Bits is short, but sweet and loaded with potential spoilers. If they’re true. Some very intriguing rumors have surfaced including:
- Learn more about the role of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read a possible description of a key droid in Episode VII.
- We may have an idea of the sequence of events shot in Abu Dhabi.
- Two potential outfits for Daisy Ridley‘s character are described.
Read More »
Lots of awesome Episode VII talk highlights this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Some fun rumors pop up about Episode VII cameos for Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch and the role of Warwick Davis.
- A full, rumored scene is described as well as a hint at the film’s opening.
- Read some news and see some photos from the Star Wars Episode VII wrap party.
- Mark Hamill has shaved his Star Wars Episode VII beard.
- Actress Christina Chong talks working on Episode VII.
- An upcoming book will reveal a new Episode VII ship.
- Does concept art highlight changes made from the Michael Arndt script to the J.J. Abrams/Lawrence Kasdan one?
- Peter Jackson also visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- See the Hot Toys Stormtrooper figures.
- An official Star Wars costume exhibit has been announced.
Read More »
Jessica Chastain is one of the most popular and talented actresses working today. She’s in Interstellar this week, A Most Violent Year after that, then Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak and Ridley Scott’s The Martian next year. And those are just the confirmed ones.
When an actress has that much buzz surrounding her, you know the big guns come calling. And in Hollywood, these days, Marvel Studios has the biggest gun. Chastain confirmed in a new interview she’s spoken to Marvel about some possible things in the future, but she doesn’t want to play a secondary character. She wants to be a kick-ass hero with a costume and action scenes. However, even though she knows the Captain Marvel release year off the top of her head, she later said that was not the role she talked to them about.
But she did talk to them. So below, watch Chastain’s video interview talking about potentially working for Marvel and run through a few possible Jessica Chastain Marvel roles she could go. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: