The latest rumor to spring up in relation to Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice says that Doomsday will make an appearance. Whether he would simply pop up in a cameo role (similar to the shot of Thanos in The Avengers) or play a more crucial story role is unknown. What little info we have on the Batman V Superman Doomsday rumor is below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Rumors, confirmations, Rebels and more are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. After the jump, read about the following:
- A new rumor connects Doctor Who and Sherlock showrunner Steven Moffat to Star Wars.
- Andy Serkis hasn’t started shooting his Star Wars Episode VII role yet.
- Watch some viral “leaked Star Wars Episode VII” footage.
- Original Star Wars sculptor Brian Muir is working on Episode VII.
- Watch an hour long, pre-Star Wars interview with George Lucas.
- Read some potential spoilers about the first two episodes of Star Wars Rebels.
- John Boyega reflects on the job he’s currently doing.
- Has The Inquisitor‘s custom TIE Fighter been revealed?
- Gizmodo report on the worst Star Wars exhibit ever.
Read More »
Probably the weirdest Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice rumor to float in the past week said that all of the other rumors so far had been based on a fake script intentionally distributed by Warner Bros. The goal? To propagate misinformation about the film. Moreover, the rumor claimed that the author of that script was none other than Kevin Smith. The whole story seemed too ridiculous to be true, and now Smith has commented on it. To the surprise of no one, he says the whole claim is bunk.
On the more positive side, however, Smith is also sharing something new from his own film Tusk. He’s dropped the film’s first poster, and it’s a great image. Check that out below. Read More »
It’s a question we’ve been asking for several years. “How is Marvel going to use the Hulk outside of The Avengers?’ The studio made a solo film starring Edward Norton some years back, itself a reboot of a less successful solo film by Ang Lee. But most felt the character wasn’t right until Joss Whedon’s version in The Avengers. Now Phase Two is almost over, but we haven’t seen the return of the Hulk, and won’t until the Avengers: Age of Ultron. So what’s next?
Mark Ruffalo, the actor now playing the role, has confirmed he and Marvel Studios have been thinking more about a new Hulk solo movie and Kevin Feige has long said we won’t see a Hulk movie until Phase Three. Ruffalo also added the long standing rumor of a Planet Hulk film was probably not in the cards. “I think you need more Banner,” he said. “The whole thing is just him as Hulk, on a planet, fighting other gladiators.”
Normally that would settle that argument, but this is 2014. J.J. Abrams swore Khan wasn’t in Star Trek Into Darkness. Marion Cotillard promised she wasn’t Talia al Ghul in The Dark Knight Rises. These days actors, filmmakers and publicists sometimes have to lie about major surprises. So is Ruffalo lying about Planet Hulk and Phase Three? Yes and no, says HitFix. The specific answer delves into some pretty big Avengers: Age of Ultron spoilers, which you can read after the jump. Read More »
Considering the long casting process J.J. Abrams and crew went through for Star Wars Episode VII, it’s surprising some missed one simple way to get in the movie: nepotism. The latest rumor surrounding the film is that Billie Lourd, the daughter of Carrie Fisher, has been cast in the movie. A second rumor on top of that says that she’s playing either Leia’s daughter or, oddly, a younger version of Leia herself. We’ll explore both Billie Lourd Star Wars rumors below. Read More »
Late last week, a big step was taken forward for True Detective season 2. Series creator Nic Pizzolatto reportedly turned in the script for the first episode of the new season, and the lead for this new storyline is not what we’d heard it might be. In the months since the first season finished, we’d heard rumors suggesting various new directions, from redoing the two-detective structure of the first season, to relying upon a more female-centric cast. Now, it turns out, at least the first episode just centers on one male lead. Read More »
The battle over May 2016 is getting more and more interesting. A while back, we thought the Summer of 2015 was the be-all, end-all for summer sequels. Those months were scheduled to include all the movies that are currently being released as well as two of the most anticipated movies ever: Star Wars Episode VII and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Those two films were later slotted into December 2015 and May 2016 respectively. May 2016 got more interesting, however, when Marvel dated Captain America 3 for the same release day as Batman v Superman. That’s where things stood for a while.
Then Harrison Ford broke his leg.
Now, while Disney is dead-set on holding December 18, 2015 as the Star Wars Episode VII release date, director/producer J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy have reportedly asked, and been denied, a move to May 4, 2016.
Below, we examine the potential Star Wars 7 release date change from both sides of the argument. Read More »
Some very intriguing, potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII rumors have just surfaced about the plot and character. Read about those, and a bunch of other cool stuff, in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum will be built in Chicago.
- A general plot overview of Star Wars Episode VII may have been revealed.
- New rumors about John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s roles in Episode VII have surfaced.
- Are there a lot more roles to be cast in Episode VII?
- Watch Andy Serkis talk about the secrecy surrounding Episode VII.
- Home of Star Wars Episode VII, Pinewood Studios is set to expand.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in a new teaser for Star Wars Rebels.
- Check out a cool new fan made poster for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Wil Wheaton poked fun at J.J. Abrams‘ dual allegiance to Star Trek and Star Wars.
- See an amazing Star Wars exclusive available at San Diego Comic-Con.
Note: The plot and character stuff is whited out for anyone scared of spoilers. Feel free to proceed. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: