Thirty-five million dollars. That’s all that separates the worldwide grosses of the first Kick-Ass, and its sequel, Kick-Ass 2. That doesn’t sound like a lot, but when neither gross is over $100 million, and each cost about $30 million to make, it’s a big percentage. Because of that, plans to continue the franchise either with a Kick-Ass 3 or Hit Girl spin-off have pretty much stalled. Fans still talk about the ideas, though, and so do the filmmakers.
Case in point: Kick-Ass director and sequel producer Matthew Vaughn. In a new interview, he suggests he’d like to do a Kick-Ass prequel, centering on Hit Girl and Big Daddy, as a palate cleanser leading to Kick-Ass 3. Sounds awesome right? Well series co-creator Mark Millar is less optimistic about those movies actually happening. Check out the Vaughn and Miller Kick-Ass prequel and sequel quotes below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
More dino movie tidbits, plus writhing men and angry robots. After the jump:
- Kauai thanks Steven Spielberg for the Jurassic movies
- A lot of Jurassic World‘s money came from 3D
- Frank Marshall expects a call about Jurassic World 2
- Shawn Hatosy signs up for Fear the Walking Dead
- See a new poster for Alvin and the Chipmunks 4
- Paranormal Activity branches out with a VR game
- UK bookies think Damian Lewis could be the new Bond
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is the new voice of Waze
- Take in a new clip from Terminator: Genisys
- Channing Tatum gets his Magic Mike on at LA Pride
- Jimmy Kimmel asks Chris Pratt about Indiana Jones
Read More »
As it stands right now, Captain America: Civil War will include every single Earth-bound superhero in the MCU minus two: Thor and Hulk. They’re even adding in the new people like Ant-Man. So why are those two characters not in the movie? Thor, at least, has a solo movie that should cover his absence but Hulk does not. Last we saw the mean, green machine he was in a S.H.I.E.L.D plane hoping to get lost from the world.
According to Mark Ruffalo, the actor behind Hulk, he hasn’t heard anything about the movie except from one person: Robert Downey Jr. Tony Stark himself told Ruffalo he was in Civil War, but Ruffalo says he hasn’t heard from anyone else beyond that. Read the Mark Ruffalo Captain America Civil War quotes and more below. Read More »
At one point, Breaking Bad director Michelle MacLaren was signed on to be at the helm of Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment’s adaptation of Wonder Woman. However, creative differences resulted in MacLaren leaving the project, with former Thor: The Dark World director Patty Jenkins stepping up to replace her.
However, now it seems Michelle MacLaren may be taking steps to replace another departed director on a different high profile franchise project. News surfaced today that MacLaren has met with Lucasfilm about potentially directing the second Star Wars Anthology spin-off that director Josh Trank left behind recently. More on Michelle MacLaren directing Star Wars below! Read More »
Reading Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. Here’s what we have from a galaxy far, far away today:
- The Force Awakens production designer at San Diego Comic-Con
- Behind the Scenes of the Star Wars Weekends creative campaign
- Details and cover art from deluxe edition of Star Wars Battlefront
- Details on some tracks from The Force Awakens score
- George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy mourn passing of Christopher Lee
- Weird Al Yankovic records an a capella version of his song Yoda
- Secret Cinema’s Empire Strikes Back event is now open
- Star Wars Rebels characters join Disney Infinity 3.0
- Rumored details on locations, aliens and more in Star Wars: Rogue One
- New shots of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Black Series Stormtrooper
- Industrial Light & Magic working on Star Wars virtual reality experience
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, June 5th, 2015 by Angie Han
As if Matt Murdock didn’t have enough to deal with already, Daredevil Season 2 could see him locking horns with a high-powered movie badass. Rumor has it Jason Statham is being eyed to play Bullseye on the next season of the Marvel series. Click through for all the details on the Jason Statham Daredevil rumor.
UPDATE: While it’s not a direct response to the Daredevil rumors, Jason Statham has gone on the record with his opinion of Marvel movies… and it’s not super flattering. See what he had to say at the end of this post. Read More »
Even though audiences are very well acquainted with the Marvel cinematic universe at this point, the television side of Marvel Studios is still in its early stages. So far only Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter and Daredevil have hit this small screen, and while the first series left something to be desired, they’ve certainly gotten better with each new show. But what does the future of Marvel television have in store, and how will it effect the cinematic universe?
If some new rumors are to be believed, we’ll see plenty of new characters end up in Marvel Studios TV shows, and that includes the likes of Black Widow, Hawkeye, The Punisher, Blade, Ghost Rider and maybe even The Hulk. Find out more after the jump! Read More »
It’s raining Star Wars rumors this week and we’re not talking small ones either. Fresh off the huge rumor about the second Anthology film centering on Han Solo and Boba Fett’s past, another rumor has surfaced. This one not only purposes the focus of a new Star Wars movie, but in fact a whole new trilogy.
According to the rumor, Disney and Lucasfilm have been talking to Ewan McGregor about returning to the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi not just for one film, for three. Which we’ve heard before but now may be more focused. Read more about the Ewan McGregor Star Wars rumor below. Read More »
We’re pretty sure no Bothans died to bring you this latest edition of Star Wars Bits, but we can’t be sure. Here’s what you’ll find in the latest update on all things Star Wars:
- The opening crawls of the Star Wars saga get ranked,
- Rumored story details on a new hero’s lightsaber use in The Force Awakens,
- Star Wars Reads Day returns this fall,
- Another Game of Thrones star talks about being on The Force Awakens set,
- The Force Awakens First Order Stormtrooper Black Series figure revealed?
- Star Wars Uprising mobile game to fill story gaps?
- The Star Wars Rebels soundtrack is available online.
Read More »