We start at the beginning of The Force Awakens and end in a bigger fantasy world in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible description of the first several scenes in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now online.
- See the poster for Star Wars Weekends 2015.
- Read about a Kickstarter that promises to be “the ultimate Star Wars fan film.”
- Gary Whitta kind of talked about his role on the Star Wars standalone.
- The writer of the new Darth Vader comic book offers some insight.
- All of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys revealed at Toy Fair were strikingly familiar.
- The Art of Episode VII book is reportedly coming out November 2.
- Which character is missing from the cover of Princess Leia #1?
- See images from the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Watch a Jedi and a Sith argue over the cross guard lightsaber in The Force Awakens.
- A trailer for the Star Wars Trilogy edited in the style of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Captain Kirk takes on Darth Vader in a Star Wars vs. Star Trek fan trailer.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
While Paul Feig‘s new Ghostbusters will have four funny actors fighting ghosts in New York City, that’s where the similarities to the original film end. Of course, we know this time all the leads will be played by women (Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon) and that their roles aren’t going to line up with the roles in the original film. We have an idea of what those roles are and now we have an idea of a fifth, key role in the film. A role that might be played by Saturday Night Live actress Cecily Strong. Read the latest Ghostbusters casting rumor below. Read More »
The words “Tron” and “video game” are about as synonymous as “Marvel” and “comic book.” Tron, of course, is the 1982 Disney film, by Steven Lisberger, which was directly influenced by video games. It’s basically about a man who goes into a game, and the first film spawned several games and then, a few decades later, a sequel that took the idea even further. More games then came out of that sequel.
While fans patiently wait for a third film that will probably never happen, it seems like a new Tron video game may be on the way. In an interview with Oscar-winning songwriter and composer Giorgio Moroder, he says he’s going to be working with electronic music producer Skrillex on the music for a new Tron video game. Read more below. Read More »
A major question may have been answered and a major amount of art is featured in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about:
- Mark Hamill offers a cryptic tease of Luke Skywalker’s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- There’s a real lack of female characters made as Hasbro Star Wars toys.
- Check out a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #3.
- Greg Grunberg talks about working on, and the secrecy surrounding Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See a bunch of exclusive art that will be available at Star Wars Celebration.
- Has Rey’s speeder already made it into the world of Star Wars?
- A large batch of rumors, some new some old, have been posted online.
Read More »
Lots of great discussion points in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Battlefront might tie into Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch Harrison Ford predict his Force Awakens leg injury back in 1980.
- If you’re attending Star Wars Celebration, both the Dodgers and Angels are having Star Wars nights.
- Read a potential line Han Solo says in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A new rumor about who Domhnall Gleeson is playing in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The Star Wars Rebels season 1 finale will air on March 2.
- Watch two clips from the next episode of Star Wars Rebels.
- Lucasfilm employees are auctioning off original artwork for charity.
- See some fake, but interesting, mockups of rumored original trilogy Star Wars Blu-rays.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The future of Constantine has been uncertain ever since NBC decided to limit the first season order to 13 episodes, and has been sluggish about calling for a second season. But if one rumor is correct, things may not be as dire as they seem. Word is that NBC might bounce Constantine over to SyFy, which, for one, would change ratings expectations for the show.
In addition, there could be a change in the nature of the series, as it wouldn’t need to conform to network standards. Indeed, rumor is that the show could take on the title Hellblazer, and perhaps be even closer to the comics on which it is based. Read More »
The idea of Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money was a great joke in Mel Brooks‘ hilarious 1987 comedy Spaceballs. The line about a hypothetical, self-aware sequel was a commentary on the licensing and popularity of the original Star Wars franchise Brooks was spoofing. Yet, because of that joke, Brooks and his co-stars have been asked about the sequel for the past twenty-five years.
Well, with a new series of Star Wars films coming this year, Brooks thinks it might finally be the right time for the Spaceballs sequel. In a new interview he hypothesized that, if they were to ever make Spaceballs 2, after the release of The Force Awakens would be the time. But the hurdles are many. Read more about Spaceballs 2 The Search for More Money below. Read More »
Last week, we told you about a new rumor regarding Domhnall Gleeson and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It was interesting and intriguing, but we left it at that. Since then, the rumor has begun to pick up steam online and the more I think about it, the more I want to discuss it. If it’s true, it’s a game changer the likes of which Star Wars has never seen. Which is why I don’t think it’s true. Below, read about the Domhnall Gleeson Star Wars rumor. Read More »
Back in September, we reported on a rumor that the Luigi’s Flying Tires ride in Disney California Adventure’s Cars Land would be very short lived– replaced only a couple years after the land opened in Summer 2012. We now have our first look at the replacement, see the concept art after the jump.
Read More »