Despite the fact that facehuggers are not good for your health, it’s likely that won’t stop people from purchasing an Alien egg carton, straight from LV-426, provided by the fine people at Weyland-Yutani. And you’ll be able to do just that thanks to a fine new collectible from the folks at NECA.
Check out the Alien egg carton after the jump! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
If for some reason you’ve seen Star Wars but you haven’t yet partaken of Mel Brooks‘ classic parody Spaceballs, it’s about time you fixed that. In classic Mel Brooks fashion, Spaceballs mocks everything about Star Wars with self-referenctial humor, fourth wall breaks, and jokes about sci-fi tropes and goofy characters like Dark Helmet. It’s a favorite among comedy fans and sci-fi fans alike.
And now there’s the chance to partake in wise Yogurt’s noble endeavor of merchandising. One fan at LEGO Ideas has crafted two custom LEGO sets that give two of the iconic spacecrafts from Spaceballs the building block treatment. You can help vote to make them a reality. See the Spaceballs LEGO sets after the jump! Read More »
Since Jurassic World is all the rage right now, there’s been plenty of nostalgia looking back at the original Jurassic Park. But we’ve yet to see a resurgence of toys dedicated to the original Steven Spielberg dinosaur adventure. However, that could change with a little bit of help from fans.
There’s a project that just surfaced at LEGO Ideas that has an awesome building block version of the visitor center from Jurassic Park. It’s an impressive set that actually has some pretty clever moving parts that allow you to see inside the visitor center, where more than a few pivotal locations from the film have been recreated.
Check out the LEGO Jurassic Park visitor center after the jump! Read More »
Hasbro has announced the tiniest San Diego Comic Con exclusive for Marvel’s tiniest hero. The toy company will be releasing a Comic Con exclusive limited edition Ant-Man figure, but the catch is the future will be almost life size: Thats right, the Ant-Man figure will be a 0.75-inch figure, or as Hasbo puts it “smaller than a penny (or a really big ant)”. Find out about this tiny SDCC exclusive as well as a much bigger Ant-Man Comic Con exclusive, after the jump.
Read More »
Hopefully by now you’ve caught up on Game of Thrones and saw the devastating fifth season finale that had quite a bit of death in it. We won’t post any spoilers here just in case you haven’t had the time to catch up, but suffice it to say that there are plenty of fans, even those who read the books, who were crushed by the finale’s events.
And if you’ve just got so much rage about all the deaths that happened this season, or you’re mad that the rest of the Game of Thrones books aren’t being written fast enough, then maybe you’d like to take your rage out on George R.R. Martin himself. Sadly, you probably won’t get time to chat with him in the near future, but you can beat up a new George R.R. Martin plush toy that will be available as a Comic-Con exclusive next month! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Reading Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. Here’s what we have from a galaxy far, far away today:
- The Force Awakens production designer at San Diego Comic-Con
- Behind the Scenes of the Star Wars Weekends creative campaign
- Details and cover art from deluxe edition of Star Wars Battlefront
- Details on some tracks from The Force Awakens score
- George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy mourn passing of Christopher Lee
- Weird Al Yankovic records an a capella version of his song Yoda
- Secret Cinema’s Empire Strikes Back event is now open
- Star Wars Rebels characters join Disney Infinity 3.0
- Rumored details on locations, aliens and more in Star Wars: Rogue One
- New shots of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Black Series Stormtrooper
- Industrial Light & Magic working on Star Wars virtual reality experience
Read More »
If you’re a fan of both LEGO and Marvel, then you’ve likely enjoyed the two brands teaming up for a variety of LEGO sets inspired by both the comic books and the cinematic universe. However, sometimes the official merchandise for a particular brand can be a little disappointing. And there are some fans who just weren’t impressed with the LEGO set that recreated the Hulkbuster armor from The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Thankfully, a LEGO and Marvel fan has taken it upon himself to build a different LEGO Hulkbuster, one that’s a little beefier and more worthy of battling Hulk. And there’s even a chance that you can get your hands on it. Check out the custom LEGO Hulkbuster after the jump! Read More »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys won’t be on sale until September 4, but they’ll first be revealed at San Diego Comic-Con. That’s where fans will first get a look at toys of characters such as Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo Ren. To give us a little tease, though, Lucasfilm has revealed a first look at the First Order Stormtrooper in three different forms. There’s his Lego form, the Hasbro Black Series and then a Hot Wheels car version. See the first Star Wars The Force Awakens toys below. Read More »
If you’re into toys and video games, this is a particularly solid edition of Star Wars Bits. The rest is pretty good too. Below, read about the following:
- Neil deGrasse Tyson agrees to help on Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One.
- Amazing images from the original trilogy section of Disney Infinity 3.0 hit the web.
- Geonosis and Tatooine in Disney Infinity 3.0 are revealed.
- Read an interview with the writer of Star Wars #6.
- Check out some Indiana Jones easter eggs in The Clone Wars.
- Find out the names and sizes of all the Force Awakens LEGO sets.
- What went into bringing Ashoka back for Star Wars Rebels?
- The company which designed BB-8 is expanding.
- Find out a few more details on Star Wars: Uprising.
- See what First Order bed sheets look like, licensed from The Force Awakens.
- Could we see Ewoks in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
Read More »