Posted on Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 by Angie Han
So far, the only board game movies to come out of Hollywood’s post-Transformers mania for Hasbro properties are 2012’s Battleship and last year’s Ouija. But we’ve got one more due out in the near future, an adaptation of Monopoly. Producer Randall Emmett reveals Monopoly will shoot this summer, which means we can probably expect it to see it in 2016 or so.
Whereas Battleship was a big-budget actioner and Ouija was a low-budget horror thriller, Monopoly will be going in a completely different approach. Emmett describes it as a Goonies-esque family adventure. More on the Monopoly movie Goonies comparison after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
These days, if you really love a movie, it’s pretty easy to relive it. Sure you can just watch the movie again, but in most cases someone, somewhere has made some piece of merchandise about it. In the case of the bigger movies – movies like Avengers: Age of Ultron – there’s a lot of merchandise. Really good, high end merchandise along with the kids stuff.
You’ve probably seen us feature some of the Hot Toys releases for the film, which hits theaters May 1, but another brand has revealed their beautiful work too. Dragon Models has debuted images of their 1/9th scale statues from Avengers: Age of Ultron and, in the photos, you get some of the best close-ups you’ve seen yet of the Hulkbuster, Ultron and Captain America’s new outfit. Check out the Avengers statues below. Read More »
This latest Star Wars Bits might be the most jam-packed yet. Below, read about the following:
- Kylo Ren may be on all the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toy packaging and those toys might be out September 4.
- Read about 13 brand new Star Wars Lego sets including some from The Force Awakens.
- Fanboys director Kyle Newman will present an original Star Wars live read at Star Wars Celebration.
- Buy cute Force Awakens inspired art prints of Finn, Rey and Poe.
- Drew Struzan is once again rumored to be working on the Force Awakens poster.
- Watch a five minute video about the locations of Return of the Jedi.
- What did Oscar Isaac‘s latest costar Jessica Chastain think of The Force Awakens trailer?
- Check out two collections coming soon of Star Wars comics published by Dark Horse.
- ComiXology just added a ton of Star Wars content.
- Rumor has it Marvel’s Star Wars #1 will have no less than 100 variant covers.
- Wired figured out how fast Rey’s speeder goes in The Force Awakens.
- BB-8 has more than meets the eye, according to rumored concept art.
Read More »
Sideshow Collectibles sent me a sample of Hot Toys’ The Dark Knight Batman Armory Sixth Scale Figure set. Lets unbox this figure and take a look at whats inside the box. After the jump you will find photos of the Hot Toys The Dark Knight Batman Armory Sixth Scale Figure Set, alongside my thoughts on the product.
Read More »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens gets closer and closer in this edition of Star Wars Bits, where you can read about the following:
- Star Wars Celebration will feature the first ever 3D screening of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- They will also screen the Original Trilogy on the big screen.
- Andy Serkis has high praise for J.J. Abrams and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See a piece of concept art from The Force Awakens of a new TIE Fighter.
- A list of Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys is vague, but packed with cool tidbits.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys will NOT be show at Toy Fair.
- Aaron Paul responds to the rumor of his inclusion in a Star Wars standalone movie.
- See the cover of Star Wars #2.
- Read fan letters from the original Star Wars comics.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, December 31st, 2014 by Angie Han
We present to you the very last Sequel Bits of 2014. After the jump:
- Woman in Black 2 unveils a motion comic prequel
- See a leaked image of the Jurassic World Lego set
- Bryan Mills has a big problem in this Taken 3 clip
- Katherine McNamara joins The Maze Runner 2
- Could Randy Quaid return for Independence Day 2?
- Jamie Oliver is still sad he wasn’t in The Hobbit
- Watch the latest Punk’s Dead: SLC Punk! 2 trailer
- Tom Hardy glowers in a new look at Mad Max: Fury Road
Read More »
As the holiday season continues, one property that’s sure to be at the top of many lists is Guardians of the Galaxy. The Marvel Studios movie remains the highest grossing domestic film of the year, spawning a whole new legion of fans for the previously obscure characters. Some may get the Blu-ray, others a poster or action figure, but when you’re the director of the film, your level of gift gets significantly better.
In the last few days, co-writer and director James Gunn has gotten some absolutely amazing Guardians of the Galaxy gifts. A few are from Marvel, others from friends, but it’s proof that several years of non-stop, incredibly hard work does beget some really cool gifts. Check out James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy gifts below. Read More »
Toys are a necessary part of blockbuster filmmaking, but they’re also the bane of its existence. On seemingly every single major Hollywood film, it’s the toys that reveal our first look at something major. For Jurassic World it was the D-Rex; for Transformers 4 it was Grimlock; the list goes on and on. It took longer than usual but the same thing has begun to happen for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. An image has appeared online that shows Finn, Rey, BB-8, Chewbacca and a mystery character that may or may not be Kylo Ren. However, an additional piece of concept art was released that almost certainly is Ren. Find out more about The Force Awakens toy leak below. Read More »
It feels like every single week there’s a new story about Baby Groot. Whether it be a new toy version of the character, a piece of art, or discussion of the scene itself, everyone just wants more information about the hilarious ending to Guardians of the Galaxy. If you’ve been on the fence about which version of the character to buy, you’re in luck. Hot Toys has revealed their version of Baby Groot and it’s pretty easy to say this is a close to definitive as we have. Unfortunately, it’s only 1:4 scale (which is so disappointing. Not 1:1?) but comes with interchangeable heads and bendable arms so you can set him in whatever dancing pose you like. Check out the Hot Toys Baby Groot toy below. Read More »