You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s read these Star Wars Bits and go home! Here’s all the good stuff we’ve got below for today’s round-up of Star Wars updates for the weekend:
- Which Star Wars character does Brad Bird want to direct a movie about?
- Lords of the Sith novel made The New York Times bestseller list
- See a piece of concept art with an alternate version of Kylo Ren
- StarWars.com counts down the best Star Wars costumes
- Star Wars Weekends is getting some cool ice cubes and cupcakes
- Infographic tracks the Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars saga
- Star Wars gets a new exhibit at Madame Tussauds in London
- Potential Star Wars: Rogue One spoilers concerning returning characters
- Two new Vinylmation figures coming to Star Wars Weekends
- See a LEGO Super Star Destroyer destroyed in slow-motion
- What planet are the X-Wings flying on in The Force Awakens trailers?
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirt at Star Wars Weekends
- Millennium Falcon and more playable vehicles in Star Wars Battlefront
- Sneak preview of Star Wars #5 comic book
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
For Star Wars fans and Lego collectors, one of the holy grail pieces is the 5,195 piece Ultimate Collector’s Series Millennium Falcon. Originally priced at about $500, it now can sell for almost 10 times that because of its rarity, and the set’s incredible detail. It’s one of the biggest and most beautiful Lego sets in history.
Yet it pales in comparison to this latest fan creation.
A team of Lego builders called Titans Creations have created a 10,000 piece Millennium Falcon that’s physically 40% bigger than the official set and features multiple scenes from the movie within. Check out the amazing custom Lego Millennium Falcon below. Read More »
Dozens of Walt Disney’s trademark characters have already become part of Disney Infinity, the open-world, figure-based video game from The House of Mouse. Mostly the game has focused on Pixar characters from Cars, Toy Story The Incredibles and Monsters Inc., as well as Walt Disney Animation hits Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph. But things have gotten really interesting for the game lately with Marvel heroes entering the mix. But things are about to get even bigger with the arrival of Disney Infinity Star Wars. Hit the jump to watch the first Disney Infinity Star Wars trailer. Read More »
If you’ve been to a convention, odds are you spent some time drooling at a Sideshow Collectibles booth. Their large convention space consists of glass cases filled with the kind of high-end collectibles and figures most of us only dream of owning. Last weekend’s Star Wars Celebration was no different. Sideshow had a beautiful booth filled with goregeous merchandise. However, one big different this time was a huge selection of R2-D2’s that had been customized by various artists.
The exhibit was called R2-Me2 and consisted of efforts from almost 100 different artists – including composer Michael Giacchino – each using R2-D2 as a canvas for various interpretation of the character. Below, see a few our of favorite R2-Me2 images. Read More »
We could probably rename the site “Star Wars Bits” this weekend as Star Wars Celebration begins but, until then, we wanted to do one more round up before the madness started. Below, read about the following.
- Will Star Wars Celebration have a full Force Awakens exhibit?
- See the latest batch of official merchandise from Star Wars Celebration as well as Funkos.
- Marvel may soon announce two new Star Wars comic books.
- Is a full character list from The Force Awakens now online?
- EA Star Wars continues to tease Star Wars Battlefront, which may first debut on XBox One.
- Check out the Hot Toys Star Wars Celebration exclusive Spacetrooper figure.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
With his dark, brooding nature and penchant for shadows, Batman is everything a cowboy isn’t. But what happens if you mash the two archetypes together? You can the Square Enix Batman Timeless Wild West figure currently available for pre-order. Check it out below. Read More »
On a pretty regular basis, we see photos of high-end collectible figures. Most of the time, they are a 1:6 scale, and based on superhero characters. Many of those superheroes were created by Stan Lee. Well, add all those facts up and it’s about damn time this is happening. Stan Lee is getting his own 1:6 scale collectible figure by Das Toyz. And it’s just too funny. Check out images, video and find out more about the Stan Lee action figure below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, April 3rd, 2015 by Angie Han
Hollywood has been rummaging through your childhood toy chest again, and they’ve dug up another toy they can mold into a movie. At least it’s in good hands: Paul Feig is currently negotiating to direct the Play-Doh movie, which is set up at 20th Century Fox. Hit the jump for more details on the Play-Doh movie. Read More »
Square Enix is now producing a line of badass Star Wars figures which put Hasbro’s Black series to shame. Actually, the action figures look so cool they could almost rival the collectible lines released by Hot Toys and Sideshow. Check out the Boba Fett, Darth Vader and StormtrooperPlay Arts Kai Variant figures after the jump.
Read More »