You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s read these Star Wars Bits and go home! Here’s all the good stuff we’ve got below for today’s round-up of Star Wars updates for the weekend:
- Which Star Wars character does Brad Bird want to direct a movie about?
- Lords of the Sith novel made The New York Times bestseller list
- See a piece of concept art with an alternate version of Kylo Ren
- StarWars.com counts down the best Star Wars costumes
- Star Wars Weekends is getting some cool ice cubes and cupcakes
- Infographic tracks the Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars saga
- Star Wars gets a new exhibit at Madame Tussauds in London
- Potential Star Wars: Rogue One spoilers concerning returning characters
- Two new Vinylmation figures coming to Star Wars Weekends
- See a LEGO Super Star Destroyer destroyed in slow-motion
- What planet are the X-Wings flying on in The Force Awakens trailers?
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirt at Star Wars Weekends
- Millennium Falcon and more playable vehicles in Star Wars Battlefront
- Sneak preview of Star Wars #5 comic book
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Later this month, author Chuck Palahniuk will continue the story of his iconic novel turned film Fight Club in comic book form. The series, Fight Club 2, will follow Tyler Durden ten years after the events of the book but it won’t be the character’s only appearance. Palahniuk is bringing back Durden for a short story in his new collection, Make Something Up: Stories You Can’t Unread. Durden appears in a story called Expedition which takes place before the events in Fight Club. Read more about the Fight Club prequel below. Read More »
Walt Disney and his theme parks exist in the world of Brad Bird‘s Tomorrowland. That’s a secret the cast and crew kept for a long time but in the past few videos and trailers, it’s become abundantly clear. The question then becomes, how much of an influence was Walt on this movie, which is named after something he first created in the 1950? A few new featurettes give some tantalizing teases at these connections alongside glimpses of a few other things from the film.
Plus, a new novel serves as a prequel to Tomorrowland and offers even more context. Find out more about the Tomorrowland Walt Disney connections below. Read More »
A new chapter in the Star Wars universe unfolds in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- J.J. Abrams commented on the intense scrutiny and spoilers surrounding Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Read about some early concept art of Kylo Ren.
- The synopsis of the canon Clone Wars book, Star Wars: Dark Disciple, is now out.
- Find out how Poe Dameron and Finn fit into the opening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The Star Wars Celebration schedule is coming soon.
- Code names for the Force Awakens Lego sets.
Read More »
Star Wars has the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, and soon we’ll see the sequel trilogy. Before that new series bows, however, we’ll get the book trilogy. One of the first books announced for the large-scale publishing event Journey to the Force Awakens is called Star Wars Aftermath. We’ve previously written about the plot of the book, which centers on a lone Rebel scout who learns of a secret Imperial meeting after the Battle of Endor, and we’ve covered the author, Chuck Wendig.
Now we know Aftermath is the first book in a trilogy that will answer some crucial questions about the Galaxy immediately after the destruction of the second Death Star on the way to the events of The Force Awakens. We also know a bit more about the plot, which characters will or will not appear and clues about The Force Awakens. Read about all that, and see the full book cover, below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Until Thursday’s Star Wars movie news, the biggest related news this week was about Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens. That’s a series of 20 books being released later this year that will bridge the gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens while also including teases toward the new film. It’s a pretty exciting proposition for fans.
A description of one of the books, Star Wars: Aftermath, followed the news and now four more descriptions have gone online. They’re all pretty interesting but on in particular, Star Wars: Lost Stars, introduces two brand new characters: Ciena Ree and Thane Kyrell. Read about the new Star Wars books below. Read More »
Fans who want to know what happened between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens are going to have to read about it. Disney and Lucasfilm just announced this Fall they’ll release 20 books in a series called Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The series will be a mix of novels, comics, children’s books and young adult stories all set in the 30 years between the films, and all of which are canon.
Below, read more about Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens including a few of the book titles. Read More »
The name Neill Blomkamp has been everywhere of late. He’s directing the next Alien movie. He says he messed up his last movie. But the one thing that keeps getting lost in all of that talk is that he has a new movie out March 6, called Chappie. It’s the story of robot which gains consciousness, and appears to be infused with the director’s trademark social commentary, high-octane action and a big time cast.
We’ll have more on the film as release approaches but we’re excited to reveal some brand new images from Titan Books’ Chappie: The Art of the Movie. It’s out March 3 and is filled with concept art and behind the scenes images, many of which focus on Sharlto Copley‘s performance capture role as the lead character.
Below, check out brand new Chappie behind the scenes images. Read More »
This edition of Star Wars Bits jumps all over the timeline. Below, read about the following:
- Own the first ever autographed cast photo for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Oscar Isaac says he’s “in the dark” about Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Dave Filoni offers a fascinating look at the development of Star Wars Rebels
- See some images from a new Star Wars poster book.
- Read an excerpt from Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi.
- What locations does the Millennium Falcon show up at in The Force Awakens?
- A fascinating, new rumor has surfaced about Luke Skywalker‘s role in The Force Awakens.
Read More »