Here’s the second full trailer for Christopher Nolan‘s new film Interstellar. This is what we saw at Comic Con last week, and it shows so much more of the journey into space, and also of the Kubrick influence that plays heavily on parts of the film. We see more of the problems that plague Earth, and which lead to that journey. We also see more of Matthew McConaughey as he explores reaches far away from Earth, and get more of an idea of the toll that takes on him. But more than anything else, we see a stunning depiction of the universe. Watch the new Interstellar trailer below, hopefully on the biggest screen you have handy.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Legendary Pictures attempted to surprise the crowd at 2014 Comic Con with a teaser trailer announcing a King Kong-set film project Skull Island. We were given very little information about the project, but Monday we learned more about the writer developing the project and that Legendary has offered the movie to Attack the Block director Joe Cornish. But we still don’t know what the film is about. Is the Skull Island movie adaptation based on a King Kong novel, or an original tale set in the King Kong universe? Or is it possible that Legendary Pictures is working hand in hand with Universal Studios theme parks on making a movie based on a theme park ride that hasn’t even been constructed? I’ll explore both of these questions and more, after the jump.
Read More »
I’m still trying to figure out how Guardians of the Galaxy works. It’s a movie set in an unfamiliar universe, it introduces several new characters with diverse backstories on numerous worlds, and features a talking raccoon, a fighting tree, familial death, and multiple villains, all set to seventies and eighties pop music. On paper, there’s no way the movie should work. But not only did writer/director James Gunn find the perfect mix to make it work, Guardians of the Galaxy soars. All of those elements marry each other just right to tell a singular, direct and entertaining story. Along the way there’s room for jaw-dropping and innovative action, beautiful visuals, robust characterizations and more laughs than probably all the other Marvel movies combined. Yes, Marvel has another winner in Guardians of the Galaxy. Read the rest of our Guardians of the Galaxy review below. Read More »
Saturday afternoon at the end of Legendary Pictures’ Hall H presentation at 2014 San Diego Comic Con International, Studio head Thomas Tull left the crowd with one last surprise — an announcement teaser for a King Kong prequel Skull Island. Instead of surprise and excitement, the crowd was left confused. That was definitely not the reaction that Legendary had intended. Why did the packed Hall H crowd have that reaction? I have a theory about the Skull Island confusion which you can read, after the jump.
Read More »
The /Film crew (Russ Fischer, Germain Lussier, Angie Han and myself, Peter Sciretta ) were in attendance at San Diego Comic Con 2014 over the last five days. While in San Diego, we delivered full coverage of the most interesting movie and television events and news from the convention. Here is a complete listing of everything we covered from Comic Con 2014:
Comic Con 2014 News and Announcements:
- Game of Thrones season 5 casting announcements
- The Last of Us movie announced, Maisie Williams in talks to star
- Possible Godzilla 2 monsters revealed
- Legendary Announces King Kong prequel movie Skull Island
- Ant-Man casting confirms Yellowjacket and Hope Pym
- New and surprising returning cast revealed for Hannibal
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 release date and director confirmed
- Joaquin Phoenix in Talks for Doctor Strange
- Kevin Smith Reveals Plans For ‘True North Trilogy’ Beginning With his low budget horror film Tusk
- Evil Dead television series announced By Sam Raimi
- Patrick Wilson exits Ant-Man
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms ‘The Hateful Eight’, Wants to Do Sci-Fi
- Marvel’s Agent Carter television series directors will include a few filmmakers from the marvel movie universe
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D adds some new cast members, find out which Marvel characters they will play
- Laika would like to make a hand-drawn animated movie
- Warner Bros. Wants Argo Scribe Chris Terrio for ‘Justice League’
- ‘Doctor Strange’s Supernatural Journeys May Look Like ‘Cosmos’
- Paul Bettany says Vision has density-shifting power in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’
- Firefly cast will reunite for Firefly Online
- Which Movies And TV Shows Had The Highest 2014 Comic Con Buzz?
Comic Con 2014 Panel Recaps, Footage Descriptions and Reactions:
Videos, Trailers, Video Blogs from Comic Con 2014 :
Photos, First Look Images, Concept Art, Posters From Comic Con 2014:
- Wonder Woman costume revealed in first photo from Batman v Superman
- Avengers: Age of Ultron concept art reveals Ultron, The Vision and more.
- 45 Photos and Cool Things I Spotted On The 2014 Comic Con Show Floor
- First Look at the Warcraft weapons
- Chappie’s Family Revealed In Window Cling For Neill Blomkamp’s Latest
- The Maze Runner sequel concept art revealed
- Ant-Man Comic Con Poster Revealed
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Props Reveal Early Ultron and Broken Captain America Shield
- Photos of the new Batman v Superman Batsuit
- Mondo poster for a new Heavy Metal movie
- New Star Wars comics announced, get a first look at all three including a Princess Leia miniseries
- Loki’s staff mysteriously appears in the Marvel booth attached to a strange device
- A look inside Pixels arcade where we get our first look at the Ghostbusters-like hero car and video of Peter Dinklage as a Billy Mitchell-type character.
- A first look at WETA’s miniature creation for the Thunderbirds remake
- Neill Blomkamp’s Chappie Poster Is at Comic-Con
- A look and reaction to the New Toy Story short film Toy Story That Time Forgot
- See a first look photo of Black Widow riding a motorcycle in Avengers 2
- Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover Announced By Boom Studios
- First Look: Michael Mann and Chris Hemsworth Cyber-Thriller ‘Blackhat’
- A first look at the live action Spongebob Squarepants Movie
- Leprechaun: Origins Photo: First Reveal Of The Leprechaun
- First Look: ‘Frozen’s Elsa in ABC’s ‘Once Upon A Time’
- Mondo’s Comic-Con Posters Include Tons of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ ‘Batman,’ and Video Games
- Acme and Nucleus art prints
From the entire /Film crew, I want to thank you for reading our 2014 Comic Con coverage. Note, we will be updating this post over the next day or two as we complete our coverage.
Comic Con saw the premiere of footage from Peter Jackson‘s sixth and (probably) final Middle-Earth movie, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. While we can’t yet show you some things from that panel, such as the great blooper reel that opened the event, we can show you the Hobbit Battle of Five Armies teaser trailer now. After watching this, check out our coverage of the panel, which features a video presentation of the whole event. (Well, the whole event minus any film clips.) Read More »
Posted on Sunday, July 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 was always going to be one of this year’s most eagerly anticipated releases. But thanks to Lionsgate’s brilliant marketing campaign, buzz has reached a fever pitch.
Today, the first The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 trailer was finally revealed after weeks of teases. So, does it live up to the hype? Find out for yourself after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
As expected, the cast of Avengers: Age of Ultron (minus an injured Joss Whedon) took the stage in Hall H during the Marvel Studios panel and presented the first footage anywhere from the highly anticipated sequel. The film opens May 1, 2015 and we heard the footage won’t be online for some time (probably like last year’s Guardians of the Galaxy reel which took months). In it though we saw Ultron in multiple forms, the Hulkbuster, Andy Serkis as a human and so much more.
Below, read about what was shown in the footage during the Avengers 2 Comic Con panel. Read More »