The Lego Movie will be followed by several big screen sequels and spin-offs. The direct sequel just landed a director and will be out in 2018. A Ninjago spin-off will come out in 2016 and the Lego Batman spin-off will be out in 2017. But we now know that’s not all. We’re going to get a sort-of sequel later this year. Just not on the big screen.
LEGO has announced later this year, their LEGOLAND theme parks and Discover Centers will debut a brand new 4D short film based on The Lego Movie, featuring Emmet and Wyldstyle. Read more about the new LEGOLAND Lego Movie ride below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We start at the beginning of The Force Awakens and end in a bigger fantasy world in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible description of the first several scenes in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now online.
- See the poster for Star Wars Weekends 2015.
- Read about a Kickstarter that promises to be “the ultimate Star Wars fan film.”
- Gary Whitta kind of talked about his role on the Star Wars standalone.
- The writer of the new Darth Vader comic book offers some insight.
- All of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys revealed at Toy Fair were strikingly familiar.
- The Art of Episode VII book is reportedly coming out November 2.
- Which character is missing from the cover of Princess Leia #1?
- See images from the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Watch a Jedi and a Sith argue over the cross guard lightsaber in The Force Awakens.
- A trailer for the Star Wars Trilogy edited in the style of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Captain Kirk takes on Darth Vader in a Star Wars vs. Star Trek fan trailer.
Read More »
As fans patently wait for Disney’s plans on integrating Star Wars into the land-based theme parks, the first details of the sea-bound versions have been revealed. Star Wars and Disney have just announced that their Disney Cruise Line will incorporate a Star Wars Day into their trips beginning in 2016. Read the Star Wars cruise details below. Read More »
Back in September, we reported on a rumor that the Luigi’s Flying Tires ride in Disney California Adventure’s Cars Land would be very short lived– replaced only a couple years after the land opened in Summer 2012. We now have our first look at the replacement, see the concept art after the jump.
Read More »
How much would you love to visit the worlds of Hayao Miyazaki? Who wouldn’t want to stay at the Hotel Adriano from Porco Rosso or the Aburaya Bathhouse from Spirited Away? Japanese artist Takumi has dreamed up a Studio Ghibli Theme Park we can only wish were real — its not gonna happen but imagine if Disney were to buy Ghibli and create such a theme park in Japan. After the jump you can see the fantastic designs created by Takumi which bring together many of the worlds seen in the Studio Ghibli movies.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We’ve been talking about a Star Wars theme park since well before Disney bought the franchise. Since then though, an announcement about an expansion has been inevitable. Where would it be? How big will it be? What are the specifics? These are just a few questions Star Wars and theme park fans have been asking themselves for years.
The last we heard from Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, was plans were held up a bit because they wanted the new Star Wars attractions to focus more on the new movies. And those movies weren’t quite ready yet. But in an interview Tuesday, Iger said he feels Disney will be able to announce those plans to the public “fairly soon” and that the plans are “ambitious.” Read more about the Disney Star Wars theme parks below. Read More »
Coming off reports that the opening of the Shanghai Disney Resort will be pushed back from late this year to the first half of 2016 (update: Disney head Bob Iger has now confirmed the park will grand open in Spring 2016), Disney has released the first photos of the theme park’s signature attraction Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure. The new E-ticket ride, located in the park’s Treasure Cove land, will feature “a combination of new technology and innovation and will take guests on a pirate adventure with Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Davy Jones, providing an experience unlike anything else in the world.” See the Shanghai Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean Ride images and more after the jump.
Read More »
You expect to see Super Bowl commercials for big movies, but how often do you get them for theme park rides? Well not every theme park ride is centered on a major franchise like Fast and Furious: Supercharged is. The brand new, action-packed thrill ride comes to Universal Studios Hollywood later this summer. It features cameos by Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson and Luke Evans. Check out the Fast and Furious Supercharged Super Bowl commercial below. Read More »
This edition of Theme Park Bits travels the globe. China, the Middle East and even the Frozen land of Arendelle. Below, read about the following:
- Sony Pictures has licensed several of their major properties, including Ghostbusters, for a Dubai Theme Park.
- The Frozen city of Arendelle is now part of the Disneyland ride Storybook Land Canal Boats.
- Disneyland will launch a new night time parade for its 60th anniversary during 2015.
- The company that owns AMC Theaters is opening a massive movie-themed amusement park in China.
- Knotts Berry Farm announces Voyage to the Iron Reef ride.
- Two men rode every right at Walt Disney World in one day.
Read More »