We span the pop culture gamut in this edition of Theme Park Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A Transformers themed energy drink has been removed from Universal Studios.
- Check out some concept images of the Iron Man Experience ride coming to Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Watch a full video of a ride through of Walt Disney World’s Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
- Check out some images of an indoor Tron lightcycle ride being built at Shanghai Disneyland.
- Disney announced a coast-to-coast 24 hour party.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
That’s a hashtag with 140 characters. Get it? There’s much more in this edition of Theme Park Bits. Below read about the following:
- Captain America: The Living Legend and Symbol of Courage is coming to Disneyland.
- Check out a fan rendition of what a possible Star Wars overhaul to Disneyland would look like.
- An official teaser for Disneyland Paris’ Ratatouille ride.
- Some new looks at the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs roller coaster at Walt Disney World.
- Universal Studios building new theme parks in Asia.
- DreamWorks is planning a Shrek attraction in London.
Read More »
Let’s turn the spotlight on one theme park attraction that’s here and another coming in the future. First up, Disneyland Paris held a big presentation for stockholders to show off the brand new Ratatouille thrill ride opening later this year. The full video of the event is online, along with some very cool concept images and construction photos from inside the attraction.
Next up, Star Trek. A few weeks back we reported Paramount is creating a massive theme park in Spain. Rango, Spiderwick Chronicles, Sleepy Hollow, Mission: Impossible, Grease and more will all be represented. Most exciting is that a full Star Trek area will be part of the park. A bunch of concept art has been released and you can check it out below. Read More »
Briefly: Michael Giacchino just can’t quit the world of Brad Bird. The Oscar-winning composer has written the music for every Bird film except The Iron Giant, up to and including his upcoming film Tomorrowland. Among those is the similarly Oscar-winning film Ratatouille, which is getting a theme park ride at Disneyland Paris later this year. The ride is called Ratatouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy (or, “The Totally Zany Adventures of Remy) and will feature music by none other than, you guess it, Michael Giacchino! The Ratatouille ride is expected to open later this year. Click here for more info. [Instagram]
With movies, rides, updates, and short films, this edition of Theme Parks Bits is jam-packed with goodies. Below, read about the following:
- Brad Bird‘s Tomorrowland finished filming, with the last few days done at Disneyland.
- See some details and video from the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coming soon to Walt Disney World.
- A huge Paramount-themed theme park is coming to Spain in 2015 featuring Star Trek, Rango, Grease and Mission: Impossible rides.
- Disneyland Paris is getting a Ratatouille restaurant along with the new ride, plus the composer gets to work.
- The Universal Waterworld stunt show is getting a rewrite.
- Some new details on the Despicable Me ride have been revealed.
- There’s “active development” getting Frozen into Disney theme parks.
- Watch an It’s A Small World web series.
Read More »
The Internet is like an endless search for buried treasure. You can always find something new and exciting. Case in point, a five year old story that didn’t get a lot of play but is simply awesome. It also has loose ties to movies and Disney, two things we kind of like here.
In the late Nineties, Disney Imagineering helped create an animatronic dolphin that could actually swim and interact underwater. It appeared at Disney properties on only two occasions, just for a few days, before the company decided it was not a practical design for daily theme park use.
The dolphin was designed with the help of a company called Edge Innovations, which made the animatronic animals for films like Deep Blue Sea, Flipper, Anaconda, Free Willy 3, Cast Away, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, as well as the frickin’ sharks with frickin’ laser beams in Austin Powers in Goldmember.
Where is this dolphin now? We don’t really know. But you can read more about his story, and watch a video of this amazing creation, below. Read More »
This edition of Theme Park Bits spans the globe. Below, read about the following.
- Is LucasFilm Singapore working on a Theme Park movie?
- Universal Studios Osaka is also getting a Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- A robot theme park is being built in South Korea.
- What’s the update on the Ratatouille ride?
- Watch a video of the Waterworld show at Universal Studios Japan.
- A new restaurant opened at the Morocco Pavilion at Epcot in Orlando, FL.
- Disney’s California Adventure has integrated a mobile game into World of Color.
Read More »
In 2010, Universal Studios Florida opened The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, an expansion of their already successful theme park, and it quickly became one of the most trafficked attractions in the world. Huge crowds have filled the area ever since and Universal quickly realized they wanted to expand.
That expansion, modeled after the Potter area Diagon Alley, is set to open over this Summer and earlier this week, they announced a bunch of specific details about it. The most exciting one is the name of the area’s signature thrill ride Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, as well as huge list of stores that will be in the area including The Leaky Cauldron, Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour, Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, Magical Menagerie, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Knockturn Alley, and Borgin and Burkes just to name a few. And there will also be a Hogwarts Express riding around.
Watch videos, see concept art and read more below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: