A new rumor is circulating saying that Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida is planning a major expansion in the next five years. That expansion would include an east coast Cars Land and – wait for it – the first ever Star Wars Land. The report comes from Theme Park Insider, which cites “multiple insider sources.” Now, whether or not this rumor is true right now, it’s something that will happen eventually. Disney didn’t buy Lucasfilm for $4 billion just to make a J.J. Abrams movie, some cartoons and video games. They want long lasting revenue, and Star Wars Land would do just that. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Universal theme parks all over the globe have some impressive improvements happening soon, plus Disneyland reveals a brand new stage show. Read about the following in this edition of Theme Park Bits.
- Universal Orlando is expanding its Springfield area around The Simpsons Ride with several iconic locations.
- Another Universal Studio location will let you actually shoot zombies, as in Resident Evil.
- Interactive, talking Transformers Optimus Prime and Megatron are now at Universal Hollywood.
- Watch the full video of the brand new Disneyland stage show, Mickey and the Magical Map.
Read More »
Two Star Trek writers don’t think they’ll work on Star Wars, while another one does. Plus the director himself talks all about his fandom. Read about the following in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Who does J.J. Abrams think shot first, Han Solo or Greedo?
- Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci don’t think they’ll be working on a Star Wars movie…
- …but Damon Lindelof believes he might by the end of the decade.
- Abrams talks about lessons he learned from Star Trek that he’ll use on Star Wars and how he plans to work on both Star Trek 3 and Episode VII.
- Costume Designer Michael Kaplan (Blade Runner, Fight Club, Star Trek) joins Star Wars Episode VII.
- EA Games teases a brand new Star Wars Battlefront game.
- Famous Star Wars characters danced up a storm at Star Wars Weekends at Disney Hollywood Studios.
Read More »
The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida rolled out the red carpet this weekend as they coronated Merida, the star of Pixar’s Brave, as the 11th official Disney princess. It was a lavish occasion and video of the event is now online.
While this universal acceptance into the Disney’s canon should be reason to celebrate, the character’s creator isn’t happy. Brenda Chapman, Oscar-winning co-director of Brave and the film’s original creator, has slammed Disney’s redesign of the character, saying it enforces stereotypes Merida was created to break. Read her quotes below. Read More »
Lots of Star Wars fans, including J.J. Abrams himself, have sat down to talk about their confidence in Star Wars Episode VII. Those statements, possible video games, and more are all in today’s Star Wars Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- J.J. Abrams is focusing on Star Wars Episode VII, not any spin-off films.
- Simon Pegg has some ideas on how J.J. Abrams can reinvigorate Star Wars.
- Damon Lindelof would love to write a Star Wars film.
- Leonardo DiCaprio is super excited for Star Wars Episode VII and could be interested in appearing.
- Has a glimpse of a new Star Wars animated series been revealed?
- Disney CEO Bob Iger suggests more Star Wars is coming to theme parks and television.
- Star Tours opens at Disneyland Tokyo
- Lucasfilm registers domain names hinting at Gungan and Wookie themed video games and more.
Read More »
We knew this was in the works for a while now, it hasn’t exactly been a secret. But today Universal Studios has officially announced that they are building Diagon Alley in Universal Studios Orlando Resort. The new area will be built where the Jaws ride was formerly set, and will connect the two parks via a Hogwarts Express ride experience (I’m sure this ride experience will result in a lot of guests supersizing their passes to include both parks). Fans exploring Universal’s Islands of Adventure will experience Hogwarts and Hogsmeade, and the other theme park will feature the new areas that will represent the London and Diagon Alley sides to the Harry Potter world. Details are pretty thin right now, but Universal says the new area will feature “shops, a restaurant and an innovative, marquee attraction based on Gringotts bank.” See the full awesome concept image after the jump.
Read More »
Lots of cool little happenings in the movie-based theme park world, so we figured it was time for another edition of Theme Park Bits. Read about the following below:
- Follow the progress of a new Ratatouille ride in Paris.
- Check out a new Monsters University float.
- A viral campaign for Transformers: The Ride has begun in Orlando.
- Disney might soon offered rooms based on the Haunted Mansion, check out some images.
- Roger Rabbit has gone missing, kind of, at Disney Hollywood Studios.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
Watch out, Texas: Michael Bay‘s Autobots and Decepticons are coming to destroy your towns. Also after the jump:
- Woman in Black: Angels of Death adds two young Brit stars
- Sorry romcom fans, Bridget Jones 3 isn’t coming anytime soon
- Transformers 4 continues casting; Bay talks character redesigns
- Ray Liotta chats about the Sin City and The Muppets sequels
- Paul Verhoeven had fun watching the Total Recall remake fail
- Cozy up to the cutest cast member from The Hangover Part III
- Disney parks reveal big summer plans for Monsters University
Read More »