It looks like the Luigi’s Flying Tires ride in Disney California Adventure’s Cars Land might be very short lived. A new report claims that the ride will be closed in January with a quick turnaround to replace it with another Cars-themed attraction. What happened? Could this be the shortest lived ride in Disney history? Find out, after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
It was an exciting weekend to be a Star Wars fan. If you missed the fun, don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Below, read the following:
- Watch the first footage of actual filming on the set of Star Wars Episode VII featuring John Boyega. (Non-spoiler, too!)
- See potential set photos of Adam Driver and Gwendoline Christie on set in very Star Wars-y outfits. (spoilers hidden)
- Is Endor a location in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Disneyland Paris will gets Star Wars upgrade in the coming years.
- WWE wrestler Sheamus settles that Darth Vader rumor.
- Crazy rumors say Daniel Craig, Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Hugh Jackman are in Episode VII.
- Watch two new Star Wars Rebels TV spots.
- Look at Eric Tan‘s amazing Star Wars Trilogy prints and the above Han Solo piece.
Read More »
Two of the most recent Disney movies, Guardians of the Galaxy and Maleficent, were both massive hits. Among the few things those films have in common is they both held 4D previews at Disneyland/California Adventure in Anaheim, CA. This probably didn’t have any direct effect on the success of the films, but if it ain’t broke, why fix it? Disney just announced they’ll be giving the same 4D sneak-preview treatment for their next film, Big Hero 6. Read more about the Big Hero 6 Disney event below. Read More »
Since the huge success of Disney’s Frozen, one of the constant rumors around the theme park forums is that Disney Imagineering were planning to retheme Epcot’s Maelstrom ride based on the new Disney animated classic. Well confirmation has come, and that is exactly what is happening. After the jump, find out more about the Frozen ride, DisneyWorld’s plan to transform their castle for Elsa, and the history of Epcot and the Maelstrom attraction.
Read More »
Its been a while so I think its about time we catch up on the backlog of theme park news with a new edition of Theme Park Bits. In this edition:
- Guardians of the Galaxy costumed characters appeared at Walt Disney World
- Disneyland to open Frozen themed boutique
- Disney filed patents for a drone-powered ariel display system that could replace fireworks with animatronic flying characters.
- John Carpenter’s Halloween comes to Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights
- Walk-Around Oswald The Lucky Rabbit Coming to Disneyland
- Halloween Carnival Returns to Disneyland’s Big Thunder Ranch
- Universal Orlando announces another new hotel resort Sapphire Falls
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Brad Bird‘s Tomorrowland is ready to come out into the world. Tuesday, Disney revealed that the film would have a presence at New York Comic-Con. Now, we can exclusively reveal the film will also have a presentation at the D23 Destination D event that takes place November 22-23 in Orlando, Florida.
The film’s supervising art director Ramsey Avery will dive into the making of the film, specifically talking about how they reconstructed parts of the 1964 World’s Fair including the “It’s A Small World” ride.
Find out more about the Tomorrowland event and learn how to get tickets below. Read More »
Six Flags has announced two new theme park attractions featuring DC Comic book superheroes: A Batman 4D Roller Coaster in Texas and an interactive dark ride attraction called Justice League: Battle for Metropolis which will open in two Texas and Missouri parks. Find out more information about both new attractions alone with teaser trailers for both rides, after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
When Disney bought Marvel and Lucasfilm, they did it for more than movies. They did it for TV shows. They did it for merchandise and they did it for licensing. Also, they spent those billions to integrate both those properties into their theme parks. That has yet to happen in a major way, but it hasn’t stopped the rumor mill from spinning. The latest possibility says Star Wars won’t take over Disneyland‘s Tomorrowland as originally though. Instead, they might take over Toontown and a large section of the Big Thunder Ranch.
Also, a Marvel themed roller coaster is rumored to be under consideration for Disney’s California Adventure, in a parking lot area, plus Frozen will take over a section of the park this holiday season and The Muppets could get a new movie. Read about all these latest Marvel and Star Wars Disneyland rumors below. Read More »