Its been a while since we’ve heard anything about Avatar Land, Disney World’s upcoming theme park land based on James Cameron‘s epic Avatar franchise. Last we heard, construction had begun on Pandora in January 2014 in Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Orlando Florida. Today we get an update which gives us a preview of some of the creative process including some of the really cool looking interactive features of the bioluminescent forrest currently in the works. Watch a video of James Cameron discovering the progress being made as he visits the Avatar Land Bioluminescent Forrest behind closed doors.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Movie quotes are the currency by which we pay respect to our favorite films. Buy all the tickets you want, but the moment you truly prove your love of a movie is when you quote it in regular conversation. By that rationale, the new show at the Hero Complex Gallery in Los Angeles is an unabashed love fest.
The show is called Quotes, Lines & Lyrics and it’s comprised of the work of over 70 artists all who have created work based around famous lines of dialogue from a movie, TV show or song. It opens February 27 and remains on display through March 15. Online sales start February 28. Below, see just a few of our favorite pop culture quotes turned into art. Read More »
The Lego Movie will be followed by several big screen sequels and spin-offs. The direct sequel just landed a director and will be out in 2018. A Ninjago spin-off will come out in 2016 and the Lego Batman spin-off will be out in 2017. But we now know that’s not all. We’re going to get a sort-of sequel later this year. Just not on the big screen.
LEGO has announced later this year, their LEGOLAND theme parks and Discover Centers will debut a brand new 4D short film based on The Lego Movie, featuring Emmet and Wyldstyle. Read more about the new LEGOLAND Lego Movie ride below. Read More »
Many people who move to Los Angeles do so because of movies. If you want to star in them, you move here. If you want to make them, you move here. If you want to write about them, you move here. And as a result of that, if you love watching movies, there’s really no better place to live in the world.
Case in point, the 4th Annual Wayne Federman International Film Festival. The name may not sound familiar but the event will drop jaws. It takes place at Cinefamily beginning March 5 and features screenings of Klown, Breakfast At Tiffany’s, Ghostbusters, Fletch, MacGruber, Big and The Descent. Those are pretty awesome on it’s own. But the real draw of this are the guests. In attendance will be Will Forte, Paul Scheer, Lauren Lapkus, Sacha Baron Cohen, Kumail Nanjiani, Doug Benson and Chris Hardwick.
Below, find out more about the Wayne Federman International Film Festival. Read More »
One, maybe two, Star Wars actresses walking the Oscar red carpet highlight this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones and Lupita Nyong’o talk Star Wars from the red carpet of the Oscars.
- Mark Hamill and Peter Mayhew lead the latest group of Star Wars Celebration attendees.
- See a trailer for Wookie the Chew, a Winnie the Pooh/Star Wars mash-up.
- Check out a massive custom Lego of the Sarlaac Pit.
- There could be new Star Wars: The Clone Wars content coming.
- Some new, potentially massive spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are online.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We start at the beginning of The Force Awakens and end in a bigger fantasy world in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible description of the first several scenes in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now online.
- See the poster for Star Wars Weekends 2015.
- Read about a Kickstarter that promises to be “the ultimate Star Wars fan film.”
- Gary Whitta kind of talked about his role on the Star Wars standalone.
- The writer of the new Darth Vader comic book offers some insight.
- All of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys revealed at Toy Fair were strikingly familiar.
- The Art of Episode VII book is reportedly coming out November 2.
- Which character is missing from the cover of Princess Leia #1?
- See images from the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Watch a Jedi and a Sith argue over the cross guard lightsaber in The Force Awakens.
- A trailer for the Star Wars Trilogy edited in the style of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Captain Kirk takes on Darth Vader in a Star Wars vs. Star Trek fan trailer.
Read More »
One of the biggest films of the spring may be the latest sci-fi creator from Neill Blomkamp, Chappie. Starring Sharlto Copley, Hugh Jackman, Dev Patel and Sigourney Weaver, the film tells the story of an artificially intelligent robot which finds a place in human society. Buzz has been pretty solid on the film, which promises to combine action, drama and intelligence in a way that could only come from the mind of the director of District 9.
When a movie features robots, explosions, rap stars and giant mechs, you can be sure the Poster Posse is going to take notice. The online art collective has been making cool representations for several recent blockbusters: Guardians of the Galaxy, Interstellar, Big Hero 6, etc. and now they’re tackling Chappie. Check out the new Chappie posters below. Read More »
As the unfathomable success of Frozen continues to sustain, Disney is being very careful with how they exploit the title. They’re slowly but surely rolling the film and its characters into theme parks. There are no immediate plans for a sequel, but a short film will be out in March. And there have been talks of a stage adaptation too, which just took a major step forward.
The Frozen stage show just officially announced its writers, songwriters and director. Good news, Frozen fans, they’re familiar. The writer and director will be Jennifer Lee, the co-director of the film. Then Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, the Oscar-winning duo behind the songs in the original film, are doing the songs for the show. So basically, the Frozen musical is in capable, familiar hands. Read more on the Frozen Broadway musical below. Read More »
For months, everyone’s been hypothesizing that the next trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was going to debut at Star Wars Celebration (before hitting theaters and online). Well, Lucasfilm just announced that the film’s co-writer and director, J.J. Abrams will kick off the event with producer and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy “in a big way” on April 16. I think we all know what that means. Read more below. Read More »