Right now as you read this, super lucky people are looking at images from Star Wars Episode VII. Within the next year, we’ll all have a chance to see them as well but at the moment, J.J. Abrams and everyone involved is keeping everything incredibly secret. But the images are out there and some sites are providing us with the best possible alternative to seeing them ourselves: describing them.
Below, read the potential descriptions of seven different scenes and concepts from Star Wars Episode VII including a few that take place in a forest. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The massive news that Robert Downey Jr. will play Tony Stark in Captain America 3 answered a bunch of burning questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It gave us our overall storyline for Phase 3: Civil War. It tells us when Marvel will bring Iron Man back again: not Iron Man 4, but in Cap 3. And it tells us the directors of Captain America 3, Joe and Anthony Russo, are very well liked and trusted at Marvel Studios.
Which is why, along with the Downey Jr. news, rumors began to swirl that the Russo Brothers are in line to direct Avengers 3 and maybe even Avengers 4 if Joss Whedon decides not to return. Below, read more about the Avengers 3 director news and how Phase 3 and 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe are shaping up, Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
Well, now we know what all of Robert Downey Jr.‘s vague promises of “plans” and “other stuff” with Marvel were about. The actor is reportedly in final negotiations to join Chris Evans‘ titular hero in Captain America 3.
Even more exciting is what he’ll be doing there: Going head to head with Cap in an adaptation of the Civil War storyline from the comic books. Hit the jump for all the details on the Robert Downey Jr Captain America 3 casting.
Read More »
Updates from the set of Episode VII, some awesome Rebels clips and lots of other odds and ends are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A fire evacuates the set of Star Wars Episode VII, and Harrison Ford has reportedly finished filming.
- Is casting for the Star Wars spinoffs and sequels already happening?
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels and get a brief tease at what’s to come for the rest of the season.
- Brad Bird stumbles around the question of whether or not he’ll eventually direct a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams answers a young boy’s Star Wars math problem.
- Judd Apatow meets George Lucas.
- Joel Edgerton refers to Adam Driver as the Star Wars Episode VII villain.
- Two more cancelled Lucasarts Star Wars games have been revealed.
- Check out a live tweet recap of the A New Dawn panel at New York Comic-Con.
- Read a detailed description of Heir of the Jedi by Kevin Hearne.
- The Star Wars Fan Film Awards are coming back.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
At this year’s New York Comic-Con panel, Disney unveiled the very first Tomorrowland teaser. (See that here.) But in addition to that, the studio also showed the first clip from the movie — an action-packed sequence featuring Frank (George Clooney) and Casey (Britt Robertson).
That scene isn’t available online, but lucky for you we have an in-depth summary right here. After the jump, get the Tomorrowland NYCC footage recap, plus highlights from the Tomorrowland NYCC panel featuring Clooney, Robertson, director Brad Bird, writer Damon Lindelof, and actors Hugh Laurie and Raffey Cassidy.
Update: Since most people couldn’t be at the NYCC panel, we’ve now got pro-shot video that covers some of the panel discussion, even though it doesn’t have the video clips shown off. There’s also an interview with Bird and Lindelof from the con.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions is coming to Blu-ray, see the cover art, find out information about the release and when to expect it.
- What can we expect from the Jedi in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Joel Edgerton is interested in returning as Uncle Owen if they actually make a rumored Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off film.
- The third installment of an in-depth interview with Star Wars Rebels producer Simon Kinberg.
- Simon Pegg‘s observation on the generational gap of the Star Wars trilogies thus far.
- An early preview of 16 new Star Wars LEGO sets
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Most of what we’ve seen from Big Hero 6 involves the young inventor Hiro at home with his not-yet-armored inflatable robot Baymax. That stuff has been entertaining, but now you can see the film’s villain, along with a trailer-length blast of action featuring the story’s entire team of would-be heroes. At New York Comic Con Disney Animation debuted a sizzle reel trailer for the film that will give casual viewers a much better idea of the look of the film, the characters, and the action as they all come together. Any Baymax is still cute as hell, even when encased in imposing armor. Check out the Big Hero 6 NYCC trailer below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
This was rumored a couple days ago, but now ABC and LucasFilm are pushing it hard: the Star Wars Rebels opening event episode, Spark of the Rebellion, will be re-aired on network television. But when Spark hits ABC it won’t just be the same thing we saw on Disney Channel a couple weeks ago. This time, Spark will feature some new material in which we see Darth Vader, once again voiced by James Earl Jones. Given that the companies are blasting out press releases with this info, we’ll assume that it will end up in ads for the re-airing, and that it isn’t a spoiler.
Read more info below. Read More »