first day of new Star Wars shooting

The battle over May 2016 is getting more and more interesting. A while back, we thought the Summer of 2015 was the be-all, end-all for summer sequels. Those months were scheduled to include all the movies that are currently being released as well as two of the most anticipated movies ever: Star Wars Episode VII and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Those two films were later slotted into December 2015 and May 2016 respectively. May 2016 got more interesting, however, when Marvel dated Captain America 3 for the same release day as Batman v Superman. That’s where things stood for a while.

Then Harrison Ford broke his leg.

Now, while Disney is dead-set on holding December 18, 2015 as the Star Wars Episode VII release date, director/producer J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy have reportedly asked, and been denied, a move to May 4, 2016.

Below, we examine the potential Star Wars 7 release date change from both sides of the argument. Read More »

.

Please Recommend /Film on Facebook

harrison-ford-kimmel

UPDATE: More sources have confirmed this is not a rumor, as it was initially framed. Changes have been made below to reflect that.

UPDATE 2: Ford’s publicist confirmed to BBC News that Ford didn’t just break his ankle. He broke his left leg. 

Word of Harrison Ford‘s ankle injury on the set of Star Wars Episode VII spread very quickly last week. Reactions ranged from blind panic to mellow dismissal as initial reports made it sound like the injury was no big deal. Now, it turns out, that might not be the case.

Multiple sources, including several gossip websites and some UK newspapers, are reporting Ford not only has a badly broken ankle, but a broken left leg, which could sideline him from filming the highly anticipated sequel for up to eight weeks. Read More »

Palpatine

UPDATE: Long running Star Wars site TheForce.net says this rumor is unequivocally, 100% false. However, they don’t cite a source. We’ve left the original story below.

This might be total BS. We’re going to be honest about that. But reading this new information was interesting and fun, and even if it may not be true, why deny you the same joy? Let the Star Wars speculation continue!

As you all know by now, we know nothing of the plot to Star Wars Episode VII. We know the original characters are back, thirty years have passed, and some younger actors play new characters. That’s it. We can safely assume there will be Jedi, but there’s no real pulse on the bad guys. You see, at the end of Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker defeated the Sith, returning balance to the Force. However, characters revealed in other canon stories (mainly Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels) could potentially still be around. We simply don’t know.

Now, a new article has some exciting speculation on the topic, with at least a potential hint of truth. The team at Making Star Wars have some info they believe to be from actual Star Wars insiders on who and what the Star Wars 7 villains are. More over, they may also have an idea of how those villains figure into the entire sequel trilogy.

Suffice to say, if any of this is true, this information contains both minor and major spoilers. We’ll differentiate after the jump. Read More »

Guillermo-del-Toro-set-pac-rim

Fresh off the announcement Disney is moving forward with their own live-action version of Beauty and the Beast, a competing project has lost its captain. A new report says Guillermo del Toro won’t direct Beauty, a Warner Bros. project that has Emma Watson attached as the lead. He’s still producing, however, and wrote the current version of the script. Read More »

Harrison Ford played Han Solo

Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:

  • Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
  • Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
  • Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
  • Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
  • See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
  • John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
  • The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
  • Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
  • Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
  • Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.

Read More »

ANTMAN_Logos_05-with subhead-3

Edgar Wright isn’t directing Ant-Man, Adam McKay isn’t directing Ant-Man and, rumor has it, Rawson Thurber isn’t going to direct the film either. From the original short list that emerged after Wright left the project, that leaves only Ruben Fleischer. However, Deadline now reports two other names are “also making the rounds.” They are Neighbors director Nicholas Stoller and Michael Dowse, who directed the hockey film Goon. Read More »

Jupiter Ascending Channing Tatum

Bad news, Wachowski fans. Their upcoming summer blockbuster, Jupiter Ascending, is no longer that. The film has been moved from its initial July 18 release to February 6, 2015. No specific reason has yet been given for the Jupiter Ascending delay but we have some guesses below. Read More »

Who Will Direct ‘Ant-Man’? [Updated]

ANTMAN_Logos_05-with subhead-3

A week has passed since the upsetting bombshell news that Edgar Wright had left Marvel’s Ant-Man. In that time, speculation and fact have blurred as fans tried to figure out how one of the most successful companies in Hollywood could suddenly go in a different direction from the talented, exciting director who had been working on the film for years.

Eventually, the discussion turned to Wright’s replacement. Though rumors and speculation have also been flying all week, it seems three men are at the top of Marvel’s list. They are Rawson ThurberAdam McKay and Ruben Fleischer. Read more about the potential Ant Man directors below.

Update: The Wrap claims that Rawson Thurber is now the first choice to direct Ant-Man. The site has no confirmation, and Marvel isn’t commenting, so we’ll have to wait for more official info.

Update 2, June 3: Days after the drama that saw Adam McKay go into talks and then abruptly back out, there’s a report that Rawson Thurber has also passed on the movie. So out of the original shortlist of three replacement directors for Edgar Wright is down to one, Ruben Fleischer, and Ant-Man has become the movie no one seems to want to touch.

The original story follows.

Read More »

Click Here To Read Older Movie News
Cool Posts From Around the Web: