Posted on Thursday, July 16th, 2015 by Ethan Anderton
In case you didn’t know, this year marks the 30th anniversary of the classic time traveling adventure Back to the Future. And it also just so happens to mark the year that Marty McFly and Doc Brown travel to when they go to the future in Back to the Future Part II. So this year has been an exciting one to be a Back to the Future fan.
And now it’s about to get a little sweeter as Universal Pictures has just announced a new 30th anniversary Blu-Ray set of the entire Back to the Future trilogy. But that’s not all, because the Back to the Future animated series will also be made available on DVD for the first time ever. Find out more about the Back to the Future 30th anniversary Blu Ray releases after the jump!
First, here’s a quick trailer for the Blu-Ray re-release coming in the fall:
This may seem like an unnecessary home video re-release of the iconic franchise, and when it comes to the basic Blu-Ray & DVD combo pack, that’s pretty accurate. Though there is a new bonus disc that offers two hours of new content. Here’s the whole rundown of the content in the new set:
– Back to the Future, Back to the Future Part II, Back to the Future Part III
– Bonus Disc with More than Two Hours of Content
– Digital HD with UltraViolet (Blu-ray™ Exclusive)
– Collectible Packaging (Blu-ray™ Exclusive)
– All New Original Shorts: Including Doc Brown Saves the World!, starring Christopher Lloyd.
– OUTATIME: Restoring the DeLorean: An inside look at the 2012 restoration of the most iconic car in film history.
– Looking Back to the Future: A 9-part retrospective documentary from 2009 on the trilogy’s legacy.
– Back to the Future: The Animated Series: 2 episodes (“Brothers” and “Mac the Black”) from the 1991 series featuring live action segments with Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown.
– Tales from the Future 6-Part Documentary
– The Physics of Back to the Future
– Deleted Scenes
– Michael J. Fox Q&A
– Eight Archival Featurettes
– Behind the Scenes Footage
– Music Videos
– Audio Commentaries
– Back to the Future: The Ride
But fans are probably going to want to grab the other new set that will be released this fall, Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures. Why? Well, because in addition to all the movies and bonus features of the standalone Blu-Ray & DVD set, it will also come with Back to the Future: The Complete Animated Series on DVD (which will also be sold separately if you don’t want to buy the entire Blu-Ray set again). And all of this comes in a cool Flux Capacitor packaging that actually lights up. Check it out:
So when can you get your hands on all these goodies? Universal was clever enough to releases it on October 21st, 2015, which is the day Doc and Marty traveled to the future in Back to the Future Part II. Now if we can just get hoverboards for sale before the year is out, we’ll be all set.Cool Posts From Around the Web: