Pack up your troubles and just get happy, because The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is coming back. Amazon has released the first trailer for the sophomore season of its Emmy-nominated, Golden Globe-winning comedy, and it looks as marvelous and charming as the show’s breakout first season. So get prepared to have Rachel Brosnahan charm your pants off as Judy Garland croons “Get Happy” in the background.
Read More »
In this edition of TV Bits:
- Zachary Levi joins Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 2
- There’s a new TV adaptation of The Baby-Sitters Club in the works
- ABC is planning a The Middle spin-off
- A trailer for and some behind-the-scenes footage from Preacher season 3
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season announced
- AMC announces premiere date for Lodge 49
- Robin Wright announces House of Cards wrap and posts a bloody pic
- Evil Genius might get a sequel
Read More »
Even though there appears to be a growing rift between critics and audiences, ridiculously and confusingly perpetuated by Rotten Tomatoes of all places, there are plenty who are still interested in what the critics have to say and understand the value they bring to the entertainment world.
Last night, the critics named what they thought were the crowning achievements in film and television with the 2018 Critics Choice Awards. On the film side, The Shape of Water and Guillermo del Toro came out on top, winning both Best Director and Best Motion Picture Drama. In television, The Handmaid’s Tale was named the Best Drama Series while Amazon made waves again with The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel as Best Comedy Series.
Get the full list of 2018 Critics Choice Awards winners below. Read More »