Posted on Wednesday, April 13th, 2016 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Underworld 5 gets a new title and a new logo.
- Nut Job 2 makes off with a summer 2017 release date.
- Tom Cruise promises more crazy stunts in Mission: Impossible 6.
- No, Indiana Jones 5 is not a prequel, and no, we aren’t getting a new Indy.
- Neighbors 2 took inspiration from an unlikely source.
- Vin Diesel sings with a gospel choir on the set of xXx 3.
- Robert Carlyle (a.k.a. Begbie) teases Trainspotting 2.
- Andrew Stanton drops some hints about The Incredibles 2.
Read More »
Brad Bird has made it official, and tweeted out a video showing his long time collaborator Michael Giacchino signing the contract to return to score The Incredibles 2. Hit the jump to see that video.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today is turning out to be a great day for people who love superheroes, be they live-action or animated. Hot on the heels of Marvel’s Phase Three and Phase Four announcements, Disney has just confirmed a 2019 bow for The Incredibles 2. More about the Incredibles 2 release date after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 by Angie Han
Are there too many sequels? Brad Bird kinda thinks so, and he’s the one working on The Incredibles 2. Also after the jump:
- Vin Diesel has quietly revealed the title of xXx 3
- Will Smith says Bad Boys 3 is coming in the next 12-16 years
- Simon Pegg never plans to direct a Star Trek movie
- Jason Segel is writing, not directing, the Lego Movie spinoff
- Christoph Waltz has had it with those Blofeld rumors
- Katniss joins her “star squad” in a new Mockingjay Part 2 clip
Read More »
In today’s edition of Sequel bits we take a look at:
- Brad Bird teases the origins of The Incredibles 2 story.
- Director Denis Villeneuve talks about why he is taking on Blade Runner 2.
- Screenwriter Max Landis pitches his idea for Man of Steel 2.
- Shaun the Sheep 2 in development.
- Lara Pulver joins Underworld 5.
- Eli Roth has an idea for Hostel: Part IV.
- Two new attraction posters for Jurassic World.
- A new tv trailer for Ride Along 2.
All this and more. Hit the jump to get started.
Read More »
We didn’t see anything real from The Incredibles 2 at Disney’s D23 confab aside from a new teaser poster. (The most relevant part of that poster is above.) We don’t know when the film will be released, or what the story will be. But writer/director Brad Bird is making The Incredibles 2 his next film, and on the occasion of the re-release of his first movie, The Iron Giant, Bird is talking in very guarded terms about his upcoming sequel. Read More »
D23 Expo begins today in Anahiem California and the big Walt Disney Animation/Pixar Animation Studios presentation will happen at 3:00pm pacific time. The D23 Expo 2015 show floor has just opened revealing a Pixar display featuring posters for the studio’s upcoming slate, including our first look at promotional teaser posters for Toy Story 4, Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2. Hit the jump to see the posters now.
Read More »
We’re always thankful when it’s Friday. Not only is it the beginning of the weekend, but that’s when new movies are in theaters everywhere. And now Friday will also be when you can catch up on all the important stories from the week before. Starting with this post, every Friday, we’ll recap some of the best stories of the week, from the biggest trailers to the most buzzed about movie news to our own features and editorials.
This week was chock full of big stories, from a new trailer for Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak to a sneak peek at the return of The Muppets to television. We also had a glowing review of Mad Max: Fury Road (in theaters now), news of a new project at Fox expanding the X-Men universe and much more. Check out all the best stories of the week after the jump! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, May 11th, 2015 by Angie Han
With Tomorrowland out of the way, Brad Bird is ready to redirect his attention to an old new project. The filmmaker confirms The Incredibles 2 will be his next movie, after years of fans pestering him to make a sequel to the superhero feature. Get the Brad Bird Incredibles 2 status update after the jump. Read More »
Brad Bird has finally turned his attention from tomorrow to the incredible. The director is finishing up Tomorrowland, the film he chose to do over Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and has started to look towards his next project. Thankfully for him, his next project was kind of revealed over a year ago. That’s when Disney CEO Bob Iger told investors Pixar was beginning work on The Incredibles 2 and, now that Bird is free again, it seems he’s begun work on it. Read More »