Posted on Thursday, August 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
If the idea of a Taxi Driver 2 sounds stupid to you, know that Paul Schrader agrees. As a matter of fact, he thinks the concept pitched to him by Robert De Niro in the ’90s was “the dumbest idea that I’ve ever heard.” Also after the jump:
- Keanu Reeves offers a small Bill & Ted 3 update
- Sean Young calls for a Blade Runner 2 boycott
- James Cameron is finalizing multiple Avatar scripts
- Bravo kills development on their Heathers TV show
- Bruce Willis was too expensive for Expendables 3
- 300: Rise of an Empire gets rated R by the MPAA
- See an early version of the Fast & Furious 7 poster
Read More »
The Expendables 3 will be out in just about a year. Now, it is adding one of the biggest box office stars of all time. Sylvester Stallone took to Twitter to reveal that Han Solo and Indiana Jones himself, Harrison Ford, is joining the action sequel. It’ll be directed by Patrick Hughes.
He also revealed Bruce Wills will not return for a third turn with the series.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
Karl Urban is pinning his hope on the fans to make Dredd 2 happen. Also after the jump:
- Sharknado 2 will terrorize New York City
- The Chinese government welcomes The Smurfs 2
- The Expendables 3 adds Ronda Rousey and Victor Ortiz
- Charlie Day says Horrible Bosses 2 might film this fall
- Mac and Farva say Super Troopers 2 will shoot this year
- Christopher Guest hints at a Spinal Tap reunion in 2014
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 poster takes to the sky
- See two new pics from Curse of Chucky
Read More »
A new piece of casting news gives a hint of where star Sylvester Stallone and director Patrick Hughes are going with The Expendables 3. Scheduled for release in August 2014, the action sequel is expected to return most of the surviving cast and even add some new/old blood. Guys like Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes and Mel Gibson are among those rumored to be circling the project.
Now it seems Twilight star Kellen Lutz is in talks to join the film. He’s obviously much younger than the rest of the cast, which makes sense because of how different the plot is this time around. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 by Angie Han
We’re sure to have tons of sequel-related news coming up later this week from Comic-Con, but in the meantime we have a bunch of other, non-SDCC news to share with you. After the jump:
- Troy Duffy is cooking up more Boondock Saints
- Joseph Kosinski offers a minor update on Tron 3
- Chinese superstar Han Geng joins Transformers 4
- The Veronica Mars movie is getting book sequels
- Dumb and Dumber To gets embroiled in a lawsuit
- Mel Gibson is in Expendables 3, says Sly Stallone
- Watch another trailer for Disney’s Cars spinoff Planes
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who better to make a special Grown Ups 2 chili recipe than Guy Fieri? Also after the jump:
- Legendary doesn’t seem optimistic about Hellboy 3
- Neill Blomkamp isn’t interested in Star Trek 3
- Steven Seagal might do Expendables 3
- Transformers 4 sets up a Chinatown in Detroit
- Optimus Prime sees some action in new set videos
- Machete Kills will premiere at Fantastic Fest
- Charlie Sheen gets his own character poster
- Rub a dub dub, it’s a guy from The Raid 2 in a tub
- The gang’s all here in The Best Man Holiday trailer
Read More »
The Expendables 3 is going full steam ahead. It’s got directorPatrick Hughes, a release date of August 2014, and a slew of brand new stars likely to join. They include Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich.
But who could be powerful enough, or evil enough to tackle that string of stars along with returning players Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Terry Crews, Dolph Lundgren, and Randy Couture? It might end up being someone mentioned as a possible cast member a few months back: Mel Gibson. The actor is once again rumored to be joining the film, this time as the villain. Read More »
Briefly: Lionsgate/Summit has given new dates to two Sylvester Stallone films. The first is Sly’s latest team-up with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Once called The Tomb, the picture is now titled Escape Plan, and the studio has bounced it from September 13 of this year to October 18. On the new date, it will go up against are Carrie, Don Jon and Seventh Son.
Escape Plan is directed by Mikael Håfström, and follows a security expert (Stallone) who must escape a high-tech prison built to his own specifications. Schwarzenegger plays an inmate in the high-tech, secret facility, and the cast also features Jim Caviezel, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Vinnie Jones, Vincent D’Onofrio and Amy Ryan.
Meanwhile, we don’t know for certain whether or not Schwarzenegger will end up alongside Stallone, Jason Statham, Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich in The Expendables 3, but we do know the release date: August 15, 2014. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct when the sequel goes into production late this summer.
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Briefly: When Sylvester Stallone assembles an Expendables film, the biggest question isn’t really why the characters are going to be punching and shooting, but who will be doing the punching and shooting. Stallone and Jason Statham are givens at this point, and now we’ve got four more all-but-confirmed names for The Expendables 3.
Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich, most of whom have been rumored as cast members for a while, are now in “advanced negotiations” to appear, according to the CEO of Lionsgate. Stallone recently said he was looking for a “young Sigourney Weaver” for the film, which could be Jovovich’s role. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct. [Deadline]
Posted on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 by Angie Han
Guess who’s been hanging out in Middle-earth again! Also after the jump:
- There will be three more Transporter movies
- Sly Stallone wants The Raid stars for Expendables 3
- “Fuck, yeah,” Guillermo del Toro says about having Pacific Rim 2 ideas
- Details uncovered on Transformers 4‘s new robots
- Who else has an Anchorman 2 cameo lined up?
Read More »