In this edition of sequel bits:
- Don’t expect to see Super Size Me 2 anytime soon (even though one of the film’s subjects would like you to).
- J.A. Bayona reveals why he dropped out of World War Z 2.
- Terry Crews says he won’t be in Expendables 4 due to threats from the film’s producer.
- Natalie Portman is down for a V for Vendetta sequel.
- Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy announce It Chapter 2 production.
- A new poster for The First Purge.
- The Sicario 2 director reveals why he didn’t consult with Sicario director Denis Villeneuve.
- Jon Kasdan confirms he’s writing Indiana Jones 5.
- Platinum Dunes insists they want to make more Friday the 13th films.
- Jumanji 3 will probably begin filming next year.
Read More »
The Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) is underway, and there will be plenty of indies and hopeful awards contenders debuting up in Canada as fall kicks into gear. One of those movies is an anticipated documentary from Morgan Spurlock, a sequel to the movie that put him on the map as a filmmaker back in 2004.
Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken! follows Morgan Spurlock as he explores the world of fast food again, but this time from behind the register as he aims to open his own chicken franchise. Spurlock starts off by raising chickens and runs all the way through the opening of his own restaurant, one that calls attention to all the deception that fast food chains put right in front of our faces without us knowing it.
We don’t know when we’ll be able to see Super Size Me 2 yet, but it sounds like YouTube Red will be the ones distributing it, since they’re in negotiations to pick up the doc after it premiered at TIFF on Friday. Read More »