Posted on Thursday, July 24th, 2014 by Angie Han
Just because Comic-Con is happening doesn’t mean the world of sequels have stopped turning. After the jump:
- Zoe Saldana pleads ignorance about Trek 3 and Avatar 2
- Roberto Orci teases some new discoveries in Star Trek 3
- Zachary Quinto wants to direct, but not a Star Trek movie
- CBS Films plots another trip to Last Vegas… in Brooklyn
- Universal saves the date for The Best Man Wedding
- Focus Features sets a release date for Sinister 2
- Flip through some colorful new posters for Expendables 3
- A Pitch Perfect 2 set photo hints at a Bellas slumber party
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 by Angie Han
This edition of Sequel Bits covers everything from kid-friendly adventures to gritty thrillers, and everything in between. After the jump:
- Get a peek at the Jurassic World Honolulu set.
- Meanwhile, Jurassic World is casting extras in New Orleans.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 will open in IMAX.
- … And to celebrate, here are some new pics and a new clip.
- The Broken Lizard fellows talk Super Troopers 2.
- Scott Derrickson explains why Ciaran Foy was chosen for Sinister 2.
- Watch a trailer for City State 2, the sequel to the Icelandic thriller.
Read More »
Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill wrote Sinister, which starred Ethan Hawke as a writer who taps into an unusual cycle of violence, and Derrickson directed. We’ve known that a sequel is in the works, with the two again handling script duties. Now a director has been named: Ciaran Foy, who made his feature debut with the film Citadel, will be the Sinister 2 director. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
The food puns keep on coming in a new batch of posters from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. Also after the jump:
- Director Scott Derrickson will return for Sinister 2 in some capacity
- Keri Russell offers more Dawn of the Planet of the Apes plot details
- The Conjuring 2 won’t be about Amityville, unless Patrick Wilson is lying
- Vin Diesel and David Twohy consider where the Riddick series will go next
- The Farrelly Bros. announce a contest for a Dumb and Dumber To role
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 flies up one week on Fox’s release calendar
- Food puns abound on new Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 posters
Read More »
The 2012 sleeper hit Sinister is officially getting a sequel, according to Deadline. Co-written by former Ain’t It Cool News writer C. Robert Cargill and director Scott Derrickson, the horror film starred Ethan Hawke as a crime novelist who discovers a box of disturbing movies in his attic and is haunted by their visions.
Made for just $3 million, Sinister grossed almost $80 million worldwide, which has given producer Jason Blum‘s Blumhouse Productions confidence to move ahead with a follow-up. Cargill and Derrickson are expected to write it but a new director will be hired. Sinister 2 would be mark a third small-budget franchise from Blumhouse, which is also behind Paranormal Activity and Insidious. (Though it isn’t in the micro-budget range of the PA films.) But how exactly could the Sinister franchise continue? Read More »