‘Dark Knight’ Origins: Sound Design, Bane’s Voice & Concept Images, Inspiration for Heath Ledger’s Joker
Posted on Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 by Germain Lussier
Chances are we’re all pretty familiar with the The Dark Knight Rises from the outside view. Now it’s time to pop the hood. Much as rumors cropped up before production, spy photos poured out during production, speculation raged approaching release and debate stirred at release, behind the scenes tidbits are now coming online at a great rate. Many of them just stealthy sneak into Superhero Bits (like a huge gallery of images earlier today) but we’ve grabbed a few of the better ones and put them all right here.
After the jump you can find out about the following:
- The Soundworks Collection has posted a video discussing the sound design and score of the film.
- A video proves that Bane‘s voice was changed from the initial release of the prologue up to the final release.
- Check out some early concept images of Bane‘s look and design.
- An old, but worthwhile, video showing Heath Ledger‘s possible inspiration for The Joker.
- See what Bane looked like without his mask.