In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Alex Garland says not to expect another 28 Days Later sequel
- M. Night Shyamalan? provides an update on Glass
- Piper Perabo joins the third Olympus Has Fallen film
- A new Pacific Rim Uprising video
- Sci-fi miniseries V is being rebooted as a movie
- Mile 22 already has a sequel in the works
- John Wick Chapter 3 begins filming soon
- J.J. Abrams says Cloverfield 4 is a “crazy movie”
- Zach Galligan really wants Gremlins 3
- Henry Rollins‘ cannibal flick He Never Died is getting a sequel
- Jamie Lee Curtis appears to have wrapped on the new Halloween
Read More »
Reclusive writer isolated in the woods? Check. An unhinged companion who’s obsessed with his writing? Check. It looks like we might have a loose remake of Stephen King’s Misery on our hands with Black Butterfly, a new thriller starring Antonio Banderas and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Hit the jump to see the first Black Butterfly trailer.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
Could romcom queen Kate Hudson be branching out at last? Earlier this week, she signed on for her first animated feature in DreamWorks’ Me & My Shadow, and she’s now gunning for action stardom with Everly. Joe Lynch (Knights of Badassdom) will direct from a 2010 Black List script by Yale Hannon. Hudson will play a woman trapped in her apartment as she fends off attacks from assassins hired by her ex, a ruthless mob boss.
Hudson is best known for her romantic comedy roles, like last year’s Little Bit of Heaven and Something Borrowed, but her upcoming slate shows a little more variety. In addition to Me & My Shadow and Everly, she also has Mira Nair’s The Reluctant Fundamentalist due out next year.
After the jump, Piper Perabo fights a bear and Common does magic.
Read More »
As we’ve said in several pieces in the past, Rian Johnson‘s third film Looper (which follows Brick and The Brothers Bloom) is one of our most anticipated pictures in the next year or so. FilmDistrict and Tri-Star are releasing the film, and we’d hoped to see it sometime early next year. Sadly, we’re going to have to wait a bit longer than that. Tri-Star has set a date for the film: September 28, 2012. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Around these parts, Rian Johnson‘s third feature film Looper is one of the most anticipated films of 2011/2012. The sci-fi / time-travel thriller is ready to roll cameras, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano and Xu Qing leading the cast in a story about “a group of killers who send bodies of their victims back in time, with China as the centerpiece of the storyline.”
Now Jeff Daniels, Piper Perabo and Noah Segan have signed on as well. Read More »