Posted on Thursday, February 25th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits:
- John Rhys-Davies is down to play Sallah one more time in Indiana Jones 5.
- A quick update on The LEGO Batman Movie.
- Chucky 7 is about to begin filming, apparently.
- Vin Diesel shows off some motorcycle skills on the XXX 3: The Return of Xander Cage set.
- Transformers 5 may head to England.
- And more!
Read More »
Many people thought Need For Speed was one of the worst films of 2014. I was not one of those people. Sure the story was paper thin, as were the characters, but the passion it showed for its cars, practical stunts and intense action won me over. Though that formula stalled in the U.S., where the $70 million film only grossed $43.6 million, overseas it took in $160 million which likely put the film in the black.
Over a year has passed since the film’s release and there hasn’t been word one about a sequel. Then Furious 7 grossed nearly $400 million in its first weekend worldwide. Now three companies in China – where the film grossed $65 million – are teaming up to help co-finance a Need for Speed sequel, Need for Speed 2. Read More »