This edition of sequel bits has some casting, some photos and some interesting trivia from sequels that never will be. Below, read the latest edition of Sequel Bits.
- Joey King and Brent Spiner return for Independence Day 2.
- The kids are scared in a new photo from Jurassic World.
- Brian O’Halloran returns for Mallrats 2.
- See a crazy photo of Kristen Wiig in Zoolander 2.
- Johnny Galecki joins the cast of Rings, plus more details.
- Why isn’t Ja Rule in the Fast and Furious sequels?
- The time has passed for a Dwayne Johnson Hobbs Fast and Furious spin off.
- A new Hitman: Agent 47 poster is out.
- The star of Tomorrowland ponders the possibility of a sequel.
- Watch Broken Lizard start training for Super Troopers 2.
- More discussion about a Dragon Tattoo sequel.
- Adam Sandler killed a Freddy Krueger prequel.
Read More »
Sometimes logistics force a filmmaker’s hand. Originally Kevin Smith was aiming to shoot Mallrats 2 in 2016, after Clerks 3, Hit Somebody, and Moose Jaws. However, Smith and his team found a mall they can shoot in and seriously mess up that won’t be around next year. Because of that, he just announced he’s going to make Mallrats 2 next. Read more about Mallrats 2, including news on more returning cast members, below. Read More »
Kevin Smith‘s Mallrats 2 is a long way away, but the director is already having a ton of fun with it. Over the past few weeks, he’s been in contact with the bulk of his original cast and tweeting images announcing they’ll be back for the sequel. At first, his tweets suggested he was trying to get 12 members of the original cast back but recently that number ballooned to 15. Who are the newest additions? Who could he still be going for? Read the updated Mallrats 2 casting below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
Some new pics, some casting, and some very interesting quotes in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Ethan Suplee is also back for Mallrats 2
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 books Bella Thorne
- Sam Jones says he’s already set for Ted 3
- Sharknado 3 will be “the worst,” says the Hoff
- See Zoolander and Hansel model for Valentino
- Vin Diesel predicts Best Picture for Furious 7
- There will be a gay couple in Independence Day 2
- James Wan is getting to work on The Conjuring 2
- Simon Pegg is “terrified” to write Star Trek 3
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 by Angie Han
Kevin Smith is well on his way to getting the entire gang back together for Mallrats 2. Jason Lee is the latest actor confirmed to return for the comedy sequel, as announced by Smith in the most amusingly appropriate fashion. See the Jason Lee Mallrats 2 casting announcement after the jump. Read More »
Comedy, animation, action, fantasy, pretty much every genre is in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Shannen Doherty will be back for Mallrats 2.
- New photos from Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday.
- Genndy Tartakovsky won’t do Hotel Transylvania 3.
- Alex Winter thinks if Bill & Ted 3 doesn’t happen soon, it won’t happen at all.
- A fourth Girl With Dragon Tattoo book could reignite the franchise.
- See a intriguing set photo from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- Pirates 5 puts out an interesting casting call.
- Dredd screenwriter Alex Garland talks Dredd 2.
- Sam Jones says the wheels are in motion for a Flash Gordon sequel.
- Judd Apatow – and no one else – wanted to make Superbad 2.
- BD Wong, the only returning cast member for Jurassic Park, shows up in new Jurassic World still.
- Spectre is filming its opening in Mexico City.
- Ninja Turtles 2 starts shooting soon.
Read More »
Well, is it coming or what? Yes, Mallrats 2 is coming according to filmmaker Kevin Smith. The writer/director first teased the sequel on his Twitter before clarifying on his podcast. Now, he’s gone a step further and teased two key ingredients in the first film that could be back for the follow-up. They are Stan Lee, who played himself in the original, and Michael Rooker, who played the evil Mr. Svenning, father to Brandy, who married TS when Jaws popped out of the water.
Below see Smith’s Mallrats 2 cast teaser image and read some more about Mallrats 2. Read More »
“I hate to disappoint people but, yes, I am doing a Mallrats sequel.” That was Kevin Smith speaking last Friday on his Hollywood Babble-On podcast. He made the statement after a tweet of his suggested he plans to do a follow-up to the 1995 cult comedy which bombed at the box office but became a fan favorite in the years since. Now we know he is making the film.
Smith also told his listeners the reason why he’d decided now, 20 years later, to do Mallrats 2. It’s simple: producer James Jacks. Jacks produced Mallrats and would always joke with Smith about making a sequel. He passed away last year and Smith decided that finally making the movie Jacks wanted to see would be a beautiful tribute to him.
Below, listen to and read the Kevin Smith Mallrats 2 quotes and find out how far along the film is. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The post Red State Kevin Smith is a workaholic. He’s making movie (Tusk) after movie (Yoga Hosers) and now he may be doing a follow up one of his most beloved.
Thursday, Smith tweeted his upcoming schedule for the next year and a half. Clerks III shoots in May, the Canadian hockey mini-series Hit Somebody shoots in the Fall and Winter, then he makes Moose Jaws in early 2016. The writer/director then dropped this line “But after that? I smell a rat…” Sounds like he might be going back to the mall for a sequel to his cult hit Mallrats. Read more about Kevin Smith Mallrats 2 below. Read More »