A fascinating answer to one of Star Wars Rebels‘ biggest questions headlines this latest edition of Star Wars Bits. In addition, below you can read about the following:
- Billy Dee Williams might appear in Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Iko Uwais has a “significant” role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The rumor of a character name in The Force Awakens once again pops up.
- Rumored titles of books tied to The Force Awakens have been revealed as well as the release plans.
- Read a new excerpt to Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi.
- Watch a clip from the Star Wars Rebels finale.
- Dave Filoni breaks down season one of Star Wars Rebels and answers the big question, do Kanan and Ezra have to die?
Read More »
A significant addition to Star Wars Rebels and some new analysis of The Force Awakens trailer are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Read about the following:
- Yoda will be on Star Wars Rebels, voiced by Frank Oz.
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers confirms and discusses her appearance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch the Disney XD Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer featurette.
- Mark Hamill talks about drone precautions on the set of The Force Awakens.
- See high res versions of The Force Awakens trading cards.
- The speed of The Force Awakens TIE Fighters is explored.
Read More »
This huge edition of Star Wars Bits is filled with something for everyone. Spoilers, non-spoilers, actors, reactions, gossip, art and more. Below, read about the following.
- A Star Wars art exhibit opens in Seattle Thursday night.
- Andy Serkis‘ voiceover was not recorded just for The Force Awakens trailer.
- Mark Hamill was moved by the reaction to The Force Awakens trailer.
- Domhnall Gleeson was super excited by the trailer as well.
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers is again, pretty much confirmed for The Force Awakens.
- A cool practical effects tidbit about the blasters of the Stormtroopers.
- Two of the Stormtrooper actors in The Force Awakens trailer have been revealed.
- David Fincher joked about Adam Driver‘s Star Wars casting.
- Was there a black stormtrooper before John Boyega?
- See the cover for the new novel: Star Wars: Dark Disciple.
- Read a ton of new information, speculation and potential spoilers about The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Lots of rumored concept art is described in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Is Maisie Richardson-Sellers actually in Star Wars Episode VII?
- The Episode VII filming on Skellig Michael was reportedly scaled down.
- Learn more about Han Solo‘s primary outfit in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read rumored descriptions of several possible new ships in Episode VII.
- More potential details about a major spoiler scene are described.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
By now you probably know J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII has begun filming. You probably also know the cast photo we saw two weeks ago isn’t the full cast. Besides dozens of small supporting roles, there are still some leads yet to be cast and a new report might have named two of them. The first one we knew. Maisie Richardson-Sellers, the U.K. based actress and Oxford student rumored a few weeks back, is reportedly in the film. Then there’s Katie Jarvis, another U.K. actress best known for the twisted Fish Tank starring Michael Fassbender. Read More »
Today’s bombshell news of the primary cast for J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII was met with one major and valid piece of criticism. Of all the new additions, only one woman — Daisy Ridley — was part of the cast. This was odd for a few reasons, the most obviously being huge gender imbalance but also because the original casting breakdowns had two female parts. It seems one last Star Wars female character has yet to be cast. Read More »
Despite names of every popular actor being rumored for Star Wars Episode VII, there was always a good chance J.J. Abrams would cast unknowns. That was the point of widely publicized, worldwide open auditions. Plus, it would be in the spirit of the 1977 original, when actors Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford themselves were relative unknowns. It’s become very obvious Abrams loves harkening back to the originals.
In that spirit, a new name has been mentioned for a potential role. Her name is Maisie Richardson-Sellers; she’s a U.K. based actress and Oxford student who has no film credits, but gained some acclaim for British stage performances. Read More »