In this edition of sequel bits:
- Goosebumps 2 adds a new cast member
- A scary-as-hell first look at The Nun
- Alien has a new VR experience
- Bryce Dallas Howard is wearing heels again for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, so brace yourselves for more hot takes
- World War Z 2 is on hold
- If you want more Deadpool, IMAX will screen a double-feature
Read More »
Yes, there’s still a Goosebumps sequel in the works. The film, which was at one point supposed to be called Goosebumps: Horrorland, is still slated to hit theaters this fall on October 12, 2018. But the film hasn’t started production yet. Columbia Pictures has just added three more cast members to the movie, which doesn’t seem to be bringing back any stars from the first film.
Goosebumps 2 already had Madison Iseman (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle), Jeremy Ray Taylor (IT), Ben O’Brien (Manchester by the Sea) and Caleel Harris (Think Like a Man) on board, but now some adult stars have joined the cast. Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs), Ken Jeong (The Hangover) and Chris Parnell (Hot Rod) have been added to the sequel. Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 29th, 2017 by Jacob Hall
Everyone break out your calendars and red pens – Sony is shuffling their release dates.
Goosebumps 2, which has faced its fair share of speed bumps throughout development, and Alpha, a historical adventure movie about a caveman and his wolf buddy that has jumped around the schedule a few times now, both have new release dates.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 23rd, 2017 by Jacob Hall
In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Bad Boys 3 may in trouble after some drama at Sony.
- Bryce Dallas Howard talks about preparing for Jurassic World 2.
- The Goosebumps sequel has a release date.
- Tremors 6 is set to begin filming next week.
- Reese Witherspoon would be down for a third Legally Blonde movie.
- Jeepers Creepers 3 is set to resume production after a long delay.
- Richard Armitage has joined the cast of Ocean’s Eight.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, April 25th, 2016 by Angie Han
At this point, it’s a given that if a studio movie based on a familiar property attains even a modest level of success, someone, somewhere has started thinking about a sequel. After all, Hollywood execs are in the business of making money — and if they’ve already shelled out huge sums of cash to scoop up a familiar brand, milking it for all it’s worth just makes financial sense.
So it should come as no surprise that, after the solid-but-not-great returns from Goosebumps last year, Sony is now in the process of putting together a Goosebumps 2. Rob Letterman, who directed the first one, is in, as is screenwriter Darren Lemke. But what about Jack Black, who played Goosebumps author R.L. Stine? Read More »
We’ll lead off this edition of Sequel Bits with a clip from a Mad Max: Fury Road special feature that focuses on the creation of one of the most attention-getting aspects of the film: the Doof Wagon and its accompanying rider/musician/standard bearer, Coma the Doof Warrior.
In addition to that footage, we’ve got the following:
- There’s a new clip from Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials,
- And one from Hotel Transylvania 2,
- New reports arrive of a Wreck-It-Ralph sequel,
- Talk about the next James Bond is heating up,
- Sabertooth is probably not in Wolverine 3,
- Sony may already be developing a Goosebumps sequel. Read More »