In this edition of TV Bits:
- Peacock orders Queer as Folk series reboot
- Friends reunion special for HBO Max finally sets production date
- The CW’s Powerpuff Girls live-action series finds its Mojo Jojo
- Jennifer Jason Leigh joins Hunters season 2
- MacGyver canceled at CBS after 5 seasons
- And more.
Read More »
Gaslit, a Watergate drama series based on the Slow Burn podcast, has found a home at Starz. Julia Roberts and Sean Penn are set to star in the series, which has gone through a few changes in the last few months. At one point, Joel Edgerton was set to star and direct – but Edgerton is no longer involved. Armie Hammer was also originally part of the cast, but he’s since dropped out. The series is described as “a modern take” on the Watergate scandal that brought down President Richard Nixon.
Read More »
Homecoming‘s Sam Esmail is bringing another podcast to television.
He’ll executive produce Gaslit, a drama that focuses on the “untold stories and forgotten characters” of Richard Nixon’s Watergate scandal. The series is based on the popular podcast Slow Burn, which debuted in 2017, and the TV adaptation has lined up an impressive cast: Julia Roberts, Sean Penn, Armie Hammer, and Joel Edgerton are all set to star. Read More »