Posted on Thursday, October 13th, 2011 by Angie Han
Today’s edition of TV Bits isn’t just a mixed bag, but a jam-packed one. Happily, it’s nothing but good news all around as networks order more episodes of some promising rookie shows and get to work developing other intriguing series for next season. After the jump:
- ABC orders more Revenge, Suburgatory, and Happy Endings
- The CW gives full-season orders to Ringer, The Secret Circle, and Hart of Dixie
- NBC orders six more scripts for Prime Suspect
- HBO plans an hourlong TV version of The Kids Are All Right
- Disney gives the go-ahead to a musical zombie sitcom
- TNT casts Battlestar Galactica star Tricia Helfer in a K-9 pilot
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 by Angie Han
Aw, poor Dan Byrd. The kid who had such a tough time getting through high school in Easy A is having teenage misfit woes all over again in Norman, the second feature by director Jonathan Segal. Byrd stars as the title character, who’s just lost his mother to a car accident and whose father (Richard Jenkins) is dying of cancer. When Norman accidentally starts a rumor around school that he has stomach cancer, he finds himself dealing with the consequences. Along the way, he falls in love with a beautiful classmate (Emily VanCamp) who becomes the best thing in his life.
Indie coming-of-age dramedies are a dime a dozen, but early reviews have praised Norman for setting itself apart through strong performances and a genuinely moving story — not to mention its sweet soundtrack, by indie rock star Andrew Bird. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »