Looks like Don’t Breathe 2 is finally moving forward – with a new director. While original filmmaker Fede Alvarez is still on board as producer and co-writer, he’s handing directorial duties to Rodo Sayagues, who co-wrote the first film. Stephen Lang will return as the surprisingly deadly Blind Man, although plot details are still a mystery.
Posted on Monday, November 5th, 2018 by Chris Evangelista
Fede Alvarez is out hyping his new film, the Dragon Tattoo sequel The Girl in the Spider’s Web, but his fans are more curious about sequels to two of his other films: Don’t Breathe and the Evil Dead remake. According to Alvarez, Don’t Breathe 2 script is in good shape – but you probably shouldn’t get your hopes up for Evil Dead 2 anytime soon.
Posted on Saturday, February 3rd, 2018 by Chris Evangelista
In this edition of sequel bits:
- The First Purge teaser capitalizes on how terrifying America is right now.
- M. Night Shyamalan has screened some Glass footage, and people are happy.
- Stephen Lang confirms Don’t Breathe 2 (again).
- Stephen Lang also offers an update on Avatar 2.
- Tom Cruise is kind of a jerk on the set of Mission: Impossible – Fallout.
- Michael B. Jordan is excited for the new Creed 2 director.
- Polymath Hailee Steinfeld might also sing as well as star in Bumblebee.
- Want to hear the plot of Goosebumps 2? Sure you do!
- A new lego set for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- A first look at Tremors 6.
Posted on Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
2016 has been a banner year for awful things happening to the world in general, so maybe it’s appropriate that it’s been a banner year for horror cinema. After all, this is a genre that takes great pleasure in chewing up our miseries and spitting them out, allowing us to cackle at our misfortunes or comprehend our personal dread. A wave of great horror movies was exactly what we needed this year.
And one of those great horror movies was Fede Alvarez‘s Don’t Breathe, a vicious, hard-hearted thriller about a the criminals who break into the home of a secluded blind man and learn the hard way that he’s not someone to be underestimated. It turns out that the film’s conclusion, which left the door for further horror wide open, was a promise as Don’t Breathe 2 is currently in the works.