Sometimes when you’re leading an evil military dictatorship, you just gotta let loose. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is full of baddies who scowl and stride around in their black uniforms a lot, but when the First Order’s General Hux and Allegiant General Enric Pryde are done glowering at each other, they have a little fun. At least, their actors Domnhall Gleeson and Richard E. Grant do in the newly released Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker bloopers. Watch Gleeson and Grant flub their lines and goof around behind the scenes in the new blooper reel below.
Read More »
Requiem for a Dream director Darren Aronofsky was prepping an Evel Knievel biopic as his directorial follow-up to 2014’s Noah, but he ultimately moved on from that project and instead got the ball rolling on Mother!, a mysterious film with Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem in the lead roles.
We known the film follows “a couple whose relationship is tested when uninvited guests arrive at their home, disrupting their tranquil existence,” but that’s all that’s been announced so far. Thanks to a new report, we now at least know the filmmaker will be returning to familiar genre territory in his newest movie. Read on to learn more about Darren Aronofsky’s Mother!.
Read More »
Ex Machina, the directorial debut from screenwriter and producer Alex Garland (Never Let Me Go, 28 Days Later, Sunshine, Dredd) may be the antidote for your original sci-fi blues. At least that’s what the response in the film’s run in the UK and other countries suggests, and what the very positive reviews out of SXSW seem to indicate. The film went over particularly well in its US debut at the festival last weekend.
Garland has crafted a film in which a programmer and a CEO, played by Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac test, and are tested by Ava (Alicia Vikander), a powerful artificial intelligence. The film sounds like the next step in an evolutionary ladder that goes from Frankenstein to Blade Runner, and you can see a new Ex Machina trailer below. Read More »
Some very interesting Star Wars Rebels news combines with some fun, and potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII news. In this edition of Star Wars Bits, read about the following:
- Looper and Brick star Joseph Gordon-Levitt geeks out over Rian Johnson directing Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Screenwriter Gary Whitta posts a familiar phrase.
- Toys R Us posted an interesting behind the scenes Star Wars Rebels video.
- The Star Wars Fan Film Awards are back.
- Domnhall Gleeson reveals the one thing Star Wars Episode VII stars are allowed to say about the filming.
- An artist reveals what a Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper might look like
- WWE wrestler Sheamus was on the same island as Star Wars Episode VII.
- Darth Vader is likely in Star Wars Rebels.
- An apparently Star Wars braintrust meeting is taking place in London soon.
Read More »