Force Awakens Bits: Lupita Nyong’o Didn’t Know She Was Auditioning For Star Wars, Over $100 Million Tickets Pre-Sold & More
Posted on Wednesday, December 16th, 2015 by Peter Sciretta
The world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens took place Monday night in Hollywood, and you’ve already probably read the first reactions and spoiler-free reviews. But the Force Awakens news bits keep on coming. Lets take a look at the latest Star Wars: The Force Awakens news and tidbits:
- JJ Abrams confirms that the film’s new X-Wing pilot pays tribute to both Lost & the Beastie Boys
- The Force Awakens Has Already Pre-sold $100 million in tickets
- If you don’t want to play the video games to learn about the Force Awakens prequel, here is the story behind the Battle Of Jakku.
- Lupita Nyong’o Didn’t Realize She Auditioned For Force Awakens
- Cinematographer Dan Minel explains how he shot The Force Awakens
- Check out all the new Force Awakens books and merchandise hitting stores on December 18th.
- Watch the entire recorded Force Awakens Premiere live stream
- And the header image was created by artist Jerrod Maruyama, who says “I can’t wait to see what JJ does with George’s toys!”
All this and more in today’s Force Awakens Bits. Alright Chewie, Punch it! Hit the jump for hyperspace!